Unofficial Winter Challenge!

For threads that are gone but not forgotten,

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took, Ajnos

narniac101
Contributor

Re: Unofficial Winter Challenge!

Post by narniac101 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:38 pm

*nrnrnrnrgrngrn* WRETCHED COMPUTER!!!!! I WILL KILLLLLLL YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!! Oh, wait. Never mind. That was Tenny's fault it wouldn't let me do that...... ;)

Hee! I SURVIVEEEEED THE WEEK OF CHALLENGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I. AM. DONE. I WILL GO TO BED IN A TIMELY MANNER TONIGHT. HURRAAAAAAAH!!!! *feels the need to overuse emoticons*
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

O.O LETS DO THIS AGAIN NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, Hobbit!
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:39 pm

Interesting that my radio station would play "This is Home" before I begin LB. :P

Further up and further in it is then, LB here I come!
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:09 am

*steps in*

I'm finished. For the first time ever, I've read Last Battle. And... It's magical. And painful for me to read, and I never want to read it again, and yet I want to read it again over and over! I read it in an hour on the roof, and if any of the neighbors were watching, they might've heard me squeeing, mouthing lines, and jumping up on the roof for a happy dance and fistpumping in the air.

I can't believe I actually did this! Well done, Jaygee and Narniac, for finishing! Can't wait to see who else finishes!!
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:50 am

*collapses* I'm done with LB, and almost done with "The Hobbit". I'm sure I'll finish it later tonight!
...I've been planning on marathoning Narnia in one week for years; that was surprisingly easy. :P
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:20 am

WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! Welcome to the finishline, Hobbit!

Just so everyone knows, Kristi's been cheering you guys on and she's super proud of all of you who have finished. She appears to be VERY impressed! :D

*sets off fireworks for everyone done so far*
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:44 am

Thanks, Tenny and Kristi! I've finished "The Hobbit" now, so I can officially say I've marathoned Narnia and the main Middle Earth books in the same week! Hurrah! Congratulations to everyone else who has completed the Narnia marathon and everyone who will later tonight!
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:29 am

I finished at 11:22!
Sad though it be, I can't say I don't love this last Narnia story. Even after reading it several times already it has the capability to have me captivated and turning the pages as I can (as long as real world distractions don't get in the way). This may sound odd, but I like how dark it gets. It's definitely the darkest story in the series but that's what makes me love it the more - perhaps it's because of the ending; it has a stronger feel to it after all the loss and destruction.
After this reading this is how my favourites look: LWW, HHB, LB, SC, VDT, MN, PC

I'm so happy I took part in this and I hope to do this again one week. :)
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:28 pm

*cheers for Ela!*
*cheers for Hobbit*

After reading LB, my order changed up just a bit too... it's no longer my least favorite (hurrrraaaaaaaaah!). So my order now is something like this: HHB, VDT, SC, PC, LWW, LB, MN.
Yeah, HHB is my favorite because Rabadash... his lines are just too quotable. SC and VDT are clooooooooooose, because I love a good deal of lines in both of them, but VDT has Reepicheep. But they may be the other way around and I just don't realize it :P And LB can't be at the end... Because even though it pains me to read, it was the book that made me jump up and down on a rough and shriek and cheer when I probably looked more idiotic than usual!

How did those of you who /didn't/ finish do? Did you get close? Did you read more than you expect you would? :)
Swanwhite
Site Admin

Post by Swanwhite » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Well it wasn't on time, but I did finish! :) I think it was on Tuesday. I'd like to share some of my thoughts when I have time, but for now I will leave you with the revelation that anything Eustace says or does in the later chapters of the Silver Chair can be made much much funnier by remembering that he is wearing the feathered bonnet that the giants gave him
cor
Knight

Post by cor » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:51 am

Ooookay so I never actually started...............sorry guys! I was WAY too busy I didn't have time for this. I feel bad now......
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*

Return to “Archive”