Unofficial Winter Challenge!

For threads that are gone but not forgotten,

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took, Ajnos

narniac101
Contributor

Re: Unofficial Winter Challenge!

Post by narniac101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:55 am

I IS FINALLY FINISHED WITH HHB. I'm such a slooooooooww reader.......

@ Hobbit: While I was reading, I noticed that the way that Corin slipped into battle and brought Shasta with him is sorta like Eowyn. :) I just thought I would mention that...... since you're apparently reading LotR! :mrgreen:
Thank you, Hobbit!
Swanwhite
Site Admin

Post by Swanwhite » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:25 am

Oh indeed, Hobbit, a pity it wasn't Prince Caspian because that's the book I picked up today. I think my early morning muddled brain was thinking of published order or something. :) So I guess I'll start HHB tomorrow.
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:29 am

I'm only half way through... still... YAY for everyone who finished so far! Gyps is doing well too -- into HHB now!
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:36 am

I finished TTT. I should read ahead with the Narnia books, too, so I finish on the same day. Possibly tomorrow, maybe Thursday...
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:52 am

Yeah, I'm doing pretty well I guess. I am almost done with HHB right now but I probably won't finish tonight. I read MN and LWW this morning because I didn't have time the days before.
If you see a typo in this message, let me know. *facepalm*
^.^ *is such a suspicious looking unicavvey*
Thanks for the sig, Hobbit! (:
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:33 am

I finished HHB earlier today! It's amazing how this book, one I had a hard time getting into my first reads, has moved up to a close second as my favourite chronicle over the past few years. I got a little teary when I came to the "I was the Lion" because it's just so reassuring and helps me remember after everything that's happened this past year. What a good read.

Now onto PC!
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:48 pm

I finished HHB!

Does anyone have a special place where they're reading? I've been doing most of my reading up on the rooftops!
I found out that I can quote most of Rabadash's lines... it's sad. I can also quote some Lune, Edmund, and Corin, and a biiiiiiiiit of Aravis, but just like... one line of hers or something.
*goes off into screaming Rabadash's lines at the top of her voice* Gypsy Arli and I used to shout them together. Just for kicks.

Oooh, PC! I read the first chapter, and I'm already thinking about Peter's letter to Miraz. Arli could quote that top to bottom, and I can quote the first bit. I forgot how obsessed I am with these books!!! Oh word! Let's do this again next month :P or week. Or year. But seriously, we should do this challenge again sometime.
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:10 pm

:lol: I can quote a good deal of all of the characters in Narnia....... that's what comes from reading the books and listening to the audios 24/7. :lol: I'm about halfway done with PC now.

AND YES!!!!! WE NEED TO DO THIS MORE OFTEN!!!!!!!! :D LETS DO IT AGAIN NEXT WEEK.
Thank you, Hobbit!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:55 am

@ Teeny: I read wherever events place me; I've been carrying my books everywhere with me this past week. Yesterday it was my dad's office; today it was the van.

Finished PC, but am only a couple chapters into Return of the King. I didn't get much reading done today. School did not smile upon me favorably. But now is it just me, or is the line "frightfully decent" just amazingly awesome?

Day Four I've learned...um...about battles?
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:11 am

YAAAAAYYY!!! :D

I IS FINALLY FINISHED WITH PRINCE CASPIAN AND I DUNNO WHY I AM TALKING IN ALL-CAPS.
Thank you, Hobbit!

Return to “Archive”