Congratulations new Knights!

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

always narnian
Site Admin

Re: Congratulations new Knights!

Post by always narnian » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:01 am

Yes, thank you! What do "graphic links" mean though? like graphics you make or....?
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:21 am

As an example, when you upload a picture to tinypic or photobucket, it will upload, then show a screen with four different urls (web addresses). You copy the one for forum boards, then paste it in here. (I don't remember if tinypic automatically puts the "[ img]" tag on the link or not. If not, then click on the "Img" button when you make your post and paste the url between the tags.)
For blogs or other websites like them, you would upload your post, then right-click on the image, click on "copy image location" (not "copy link location"), and paste it between the img tags in your post here.

If you didn't follow that, let me know, and I'll demonstrate with screenshots.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:51 am

The rank of knight is given to people who have been part of TLC for a while and have shown particular commitment to the site. It was introduced to dissuade people from posting spam or nonsense posts just to push up their post count so they could get a better rank, and also means we recognise those who genuinely contribute to the site in the forum and chat, regardless of how frequently or how much they post. Game threads and, in the past, the RPG threads, used to inflate some people's post counts while others got left out because they didn't play, even though they were equally committed to the site. It's main purpose is recognition, rather than a role as such. It does give you a few minor perks, however. You get to have your name in blue for one ;).

Also, because we trust you, you no longer have to get approval if you want to post a link to another website. We expect you to be sensible, however, and not post anything that goes against TLC ethos and rules. Remember some TLCers are quite young. Also, you should always post a disclaimer with a link saying that the site you are linking to is not associated with TLC and people click at their own risk.

The exception is posting links to graphics, as Tenny mentioned. Even staff members have to get approval from Wrose or Tooky (they will check that the link you are going to post is the right link directly to your picture and not linking to a page on a site TLC does not approve of). Basically, if you have a picture that's too big for the forum and have to post a (URL) link to it instead you need approval. If you're posting the picture directly, like you do for avvies and siggies, or anything else small enough to fit on the forum then you don't need approval.

Here is reminder of the general forum rules for posting links (look at the section "discussion")
https://www.thelionscall.com/forum/view ... ?f=47&t=25

Also knights get to submit biographies, although it might take some time before those get up.

Hope that answers your questions.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Yes, thank you Ariel and Ajnos!!!

Return to “Announcement and Event Archives”