Welcome home

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

narniagirl11
Knight

Re: Welcome home

Post by narniagirl11 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:48 pm

I'm doing speech too, Tenny! Except that it's through a high school/college program and so I'm in with a bunch of married people who are going back to college to finish their degrees. :P Not super interesting, but for our next essay/speech we get to do it about whatever we want, so I'm trying to choose. I definitely want to do it about Narnia, The Hobbit, or LotR! :D

On Tuesday I start an astronomy course through a different high school/college program. I needed another science credit and no one is offering chemistry currently (which means I'll have to take it next year). So this should be interesting, though I wish we got to learn about stars the way Narnian students would. ;)
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:56 pm

You don't get astronomy, Engee? I took an astronomy course in college. Easy, but so much fun!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Beautiful Dreamer
Contributor

Post by Beautiful Dreamer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Tenny, I took A Beka Speech, too! Is Miss Autrey still the teacher? Actually, I did the complete A Beka program from grade 7-12, and I really enjoyed it. (:
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 pm

YAY, MISS AUTREY! :D yes, she is. She is amazing. I LOVE her. Did you enjoy it as much as I am? It's a lot of work to do for the class, but it is pretty awesome :D
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
miniver
ROotL

Post by miniver » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Everyone's new courses sound interesting! I know they're strenuous, but I have confidence that you can all prevail and excel.

Miss Autrey sounds wonderful. I'm glad there's such a good teacher out there. How does that work--do you see her onscreen?

NG, your account of your speech class reminds me of an English Lit seminar I took in college. It was a small group, but I think all of the other students were grad students. (Well, twelfth-century English literature wasn't in huge demand among the student body, you understand.) It was fun and helpful spending time with people who had learned a lot more than I had.

And I love grammar, too. I always did--don't know why. But I love physiology also, both human and animal. So maybe I love seeing how things are put together.
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:07 am

Yes, they record classes at a Christian school in Florida and ship them out to those who order them. They're like DVDs. Helps untie my mum's hands (schooling four kids has been strenuous, not to mention she has to be a mom too :P my mum is so amazing)

Miss Autrey told funny stories and completely absorbed you into everything she said. I'm in the middle of story-telling techniques with that class right now and I'm getting ready to get into devotionals.
White Rose
ROotL

Post by White Rose » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Ah! Yes! I loved Abeka. I did the video program back when I was in 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grades.
It was fun! And back then, it was all VHS cassettes- there were no such thing as DVDs! ;)
Graphics by Dana Skywalker (we miss you!)
God's love is perfect, and perfect love casts out all fear. ~ Defend the BBC CoN!!!
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:15 pm

*wonders if Wrosie remembers any of her teachers*
I've been wondering how far Mr. Duby went back. He was a fave of mine (along with Mr. Redlin -- Bible class just isn't the same without him)
White Rose
ROotL

Post by White Rose » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Mr. Redlin sounds familiar....I'm pretty sure I had him. And, yes! Mr. Duby! He was one of my favorites! :D
Graphics by Dana Skywalker (we miss you!)
God's love is perfect, and perfect love casts out all fear. ~ Defend the BBC CoN!!!
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:32 pm

:D
Mr. Redlins would've been 9th grade Bible (I remember specifically the time he reenacted Jezebel's death... "And her makeup is still there til this day" :P I don't know why deaths are so memorable) and Mr. Duby's little stick-figures :D I /loved/ Mr. Duby. He was so much fun and made everything so memorable. History was (I believe) my best class because of him (unfortunately, he was gone for everything but one history class by the time I got around to the grades he taught :/)

Return to “Announcement and Event Archives”