Update on graphics issues

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

Ajnos
Site Admin

Update on graphics issues

Post by Ajnos » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:21 am

Hi all. Apologies for the prolonged wait in sorting out the graphics issues. We know that is has been annoying having them turned off, but we are concerned about protecting our members and would rather play it safe than expose you to inappropriate images. It seems that the problem was actually isolated to one image and so I have provisionally turned smileys, BBCode and avvies back on. If all goes well, I will also turn signatures back on in the next day or so.

(Unfortunately, there still seems to be a problem with changing avatars - this is unrelated to the other issue and we are looking into it but it seems to be a programming issue which Kristi will look at as soon as she is able to).

Secret Santa Gift giving may continue, but for the moment could you stick to giving non graphics-related gifts? I realise this is annoying, but we are working on ways in which graphics may be uploaded safely. The problem we encountered seems to have been related to tinypic, so we are particularly concerned about uploading to that site. I will update you and allow the uploading of graphics in the next day or so.

Finally, we ask that should you notice any further problems with graphics and smileys on the site please report it to one of the staff members (especially Ajnos or Tooky) immediately and we will turn off graphics again.

We hope you all had a blessed Christmas (despite TLC's graphiclessness :P)

Regards
Ajnos >'.'<
jesusgirl4ever

Re: Update on graphics issues

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:52 am

Thank you so much, Ajjie, Tooky, and all the other staffies who have been working so hard to fix the problems!
albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Post by albero1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:20 am

It was isolated to one image....my dormouse sig which was apparently turned into a random-guy sig?
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Yes, as far as we know the doormouse signature was the only image that was effected and it was only an issue on certain computers. We're guessing it was some glitch in the code with how it was linked or something like that.

We have found that tinypic tends to have the highest number of these glitches, so if you have a Pinterest account or a Facebook account(You can set your images to be displayed to "only me" and then copy the image location) we would really prefer you to use those services over tinypic. I'm currently working on testing other hosting sites for my own pictures to see how they hold up.
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Siggies are back now. Please be cautious and report any issues. As Tooky, pointed out, we advise that you use personal accounts on sites like FB or Pinterest if possible for graphics. You may give graphics sets in Secret Santa if you wish.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam

Return to “Announcement and Event Archives”