What two things would you want to be remembered for?

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

Benisse
Site Admin

What two things would you want to be remembered for?

Post by Benisse » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:03 am

This topic is inspired by Aslie's post about her visit to Monticello where she learned that the two things Thomas Jefferson wanted to be remembered for were founding the University of Virginia and writing the Declaration of Independence. In some book I read, the author (maybe Stephen Covey?) suggested that we should live life with the end in view, that is, first vision-cast what you would like to be remembered for, and then plan your priorities and goals accordingly.

So what are two things (future accomplishments or character traits) you would like to be remembered for?
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Re: What two things would you want to be remembered for?

Post by Lucy Took » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:19 pm

I once heard this question posed.

And sadly the first thing that ever comes to my mind is...

"That I died epically and painlessly" :P
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 pm

This is really hard, because we don't know how much we can accomplish until we actually do.

1. That I tried to honor God.

2. That I will either write a good novel/comic book or be able to help people with my major (my major is neither English nor art.)
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Benisse
Site Admin

Post by Benisse » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:23 am

1. I'd like to be remembered as Aaron and Eden's mom; in other words I would like to nurture and encourage my kids in such a way that they will truly love God and let Him make a difference in their worlds through them.
II John 4: "How happy I was to meet some of your children and find them living according to the truth, just as the Father commanded"

2. Also I'd love to be remembered as a person who was creative and productive but still had a Mary's heart for God, so that his love and character would bubble over into all the corners of my character -- and I would choose to listen at his feet rather than rush around distracted by much serving (Luke 10: 38-42)
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter
miniver
ROotL

Post by miniver » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:50 am

I'd like to be remembered as someone who is (like Charlotte A. Cavatica the spider in Charlotte's Web) a true friend. Since I have a great many true friends, I hope that I've learned a thing or two from such good teachers.

I'd also like to be remembered for some aspect of creativity. Dorothy Sayers once said (in the book Mind of the Maker) that God gave us creativity so we could understand His creativity and share in its joy. What a gift! I'd like to experience it to the fullest, and help other people find it as well.
lilliandil
Knight

Post by lilliandil » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:59 am

I would like to be remembered for:

1. Being a girl after God's own heart

2. Doing something amazing in Children's Ministry (I love kids, and I wanna become a Children's Ministry Worker when I am an adult)
Isaiah 43:1b
Esprit
Knight

Post by Esprit » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:13 pm

I hope, when I pass away, I can be remembered for pouring love into everyone I met. Having compassion, you see, is something I have a lot of trouble with. I pray, though, that God will mold me into a person who quietly and passionately lives her life for others.

As for #2... maybe writing a thought-provoking novel?
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ―Victor Hugo
lilliandil
Knight

Post by lilliandil » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Oh, cool! If you should write a thought-provoking novel, I would very much like to read it!
Eva of Cair Paravel
Knight

Post by Eva of Cair Paravel » Thu May 29, 2014 12:25 pm

That is a though question, but I really like it. I always wanted to be a great writer, so one thing will definitely be to be remembered for being a very inspirational writer. And the second that people would remember me also as an inspirational person. The two are much alike... I guess I'd like to be inspirational. :D
A Daughter of Eve and Knight of TLC
Isaiah 41:10
"I'll be your family now." - Divergent
"You do count." - BBC Sherlock
"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful." - Doctor Who
lilliandil
Knight

Post by lilliandil » Thu May 29, 2014 10:21 pm

*chuckles* Very...inspirational, Eva :p

Return to “Town Square Archives”