Names

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

Ethranduil
Knight

Re: Names

Post by Ethranduil » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:00 am

Oooh, I am probably the dull one, using a character's name and putting an E in front :P
albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Post by albero1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:23 am

No, I had no idea that's how you came up with it. :mrgreen:
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots
Ethranduil
Knight

Post by Ethranduil » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:08 pm

:D
miniver
ROotL

Post by miniver » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:34 pm

It's great learning how people came up with their names. My name actually comes from two literary sources. When I was first choosing a screen name for FanFic and TLC (which I joined at roughly the same time), I paced around at home looking at things for inspiration, and I spotted a book by E.L. Konigsburg, A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver, a historical novel about Eleanor of Aquitaine. (Miniver itself is an old word for some kind of fur, not from a particular animal.) I knew at once that this was the right name for me. I realized a bit later that there's also another book, Mrs. Miniver, which tells about a British woman living in the World War II era, a time that's even more relevant to Narnian stories.
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:08 am

The origin of Lucy Took is pretty simple, I wanted to sign up for a Narnia newsletter but didn't want to use my real name. So I went with Lucy because Lucy and Took because I was reading the Hobbit at the time.

Tooky on the other hand...that has a story.

It goes back to one of the first people to greet me on the forum, Little Tigress. I'm not sure if there's many that remember her now, but she was really young, really nice, and really energetic. (Kinda like Tenny ;) But her personality wasn't the same, just the energy levels :P ) She was the one to give me my first avatar, my first signature and the person that introduced me to GIMP which is what made me the art student I am today. What this has to do with my name is that when I first joined there were a couple of other Lucys and I didn't want to be mixed up with them, so I said to call me LT. Problem is Little Tigress went by LT :P So she gave me the name Tooky and it stuck.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Wow! Those are cool origins, Miniver and Tooky!
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
White Rose
ROotL

Post by White Rose » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:16 am

Mine is kind of a personal thing. When I was fifteen or sixteen I chose the white rose to symbolize my promise of purity. It's stuck with me ever since, and I've used it in various name forms, including the Welsh form Rhoswen (thanks to Gleeb), ever since! But White Rose is really shortened down from what my original name was on here and is on FF.net- LovelyPrincessWhiteRose. ;)
Graphics by Dana Skywalker (we miss you!)
God's love is perfect, and perfect love casts out all fear. ~ Defend the BBC CoN!!!
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:31 am

Wow, White Rose! That is really cool. :D
If you see a typo in this message, let me know. *facepalm*
^.^ *is such a suspicious looking unicavvey*
Thanks for the sig, Hobbit! (:
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Hermit of the Northern March? This will take some explaining.
When I first came to this site in 2006, some of the people in the news media had taken to reporting on the dangers of talking to strangers online. So, even though I loved Narnia and loved this site, I was nervous about posting anything. So I picked the name because:
1. Everyone would assume I was very old - like 109.
2. I like hermits, especially the Hermit of the Southern March.
3. You couldn't tell from the name if I was a boy or a girl, which I assumed was safer.
4. I live in the Northern Hemisphere - I was really excited when I learned there were also people from Australia and South Africa on here.

Of course, the point #3 was not beneficial, all it took was one person thinking it meant I was a guy and the name started to annoy me. That's one of the reasons I make a point to introduce myself to people so they will know I'm a girl. Another important thing to know is that I am not a hermit, although I am one of those people that blends in with crowds and no one really notices.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:19 pm

@Hermit: Your name does give you an enigmatic air. :D
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"

Return to “Town Square Archives”