Names

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

Beautiful Dreamer
Contributor

Re: Names

Post by Beautiful Dreamer » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:37 am

Wow, Hermit, that's quite a story! I have to admit, at least for me, that you've been quite successful with #3 (in fact I think I was only 90% sure you were girl until you just mentioned it... :oops: ) and possibly also #1. I've occasionally caught myself thinking "right, so the chances that Hermit is actually a hermit are about the same as the chances that she lives in a Northern Marsh. Or any marsh." ;)

For me, it was the song, of course. :) Although, to be fair, I'm really not that creative, and right around the time I was signing up, I had purloined from my sister a cute little wind-up musical teddy bear which belonged to her as a baby. The tune was the song "Beautiful Dreamer," and I would wind it up right before I went to sleep (actually, I've always been afraid of the dark; and I tell you, some of those Doctor Who episodes can really play with your head as you're falling asleep....long story short, I was hoping the music would be a nice alternative soundtrack). As such, the tune was kind of stuck in my head, and so when I was trying to think of a name for TLC, of course the lyrics just popped into my head, and I thought "why not?" and here I am now.

Fun fact, I occasionally accidentally type "Beautiful Creamer" into the login box and then giggle for a few minutes. :lol:
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:54 pm

:lol:!!!!! Beautiful Creamer. That's hysterical!!!!
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
lilliandil
Knight

Post by lilliandil » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:02 am

I got mine from Ramandu's daughter: Lilliandil. I saw some pictures of her on the internet and read VDT, and instantly fell in love with her name. I thought she was beautiful, and, since I know that I'm beautiful (not being vain or anything) I decided to use it.
Isaiah 43:1b
Grimmsistr
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by Grimmsistr » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:47 am

A great thread this. I really enjoy reading how people came up with their names. Lots of interesting and thoughtful reasons.
My name is because I started my very first adventures as a forum poster over on a forum for "Once Upon a Time" since that is a forum for a tvshow about fairytales, I thought about the Grimm Brothers Fairytales and then being a woman and no Brother, I changed it to sister or sistr. And that is now my online Avatar-personality :)
Eva of Cair Paravel
Knight

Post by Eva of Cair Paravel » Thu May 29, 2014 12:29 pm

Interesting thread. :D My second name in real life is Eva, but I never really use it, I do like it though. It also reminds me of being a daughter of Eve wich I think sound so literal, and I always loved being "Eva, a Daughter of Eve". :D And then I'd want to live in Cair Paravel, of course. :)
A Daughter of Eve and Knight of TLC
Isaiah 41:10
"I'll be your family now." - Divergent
"You do count." - BBC Sherlock
"He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful." - Doctor Who
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu May 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Pretty cool!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:58 pm

Everyone else has interesting stories about their names on here. Mine is going to sound really boring.
Hobbit is my brother's nickname for me because after he finally got taller than me he started patting me on the head and calling me a "good hobbit". (At first it made me mad, but it doesn't anymore.) I also go barefoot a lot and eat a lot. Hence the "Hobbit" part of my name. And I wish there were hobbits in Narnia, hence the "Of Narnia" part of my name.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Not boring at all! :D
knight and scribe
Benisse
Site Admin

Post by Benisse » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:53 am

I agree -- that etiology (= a story about how something came to be) is really sweet! (Sidenote: Now that my son is taller than me he does not call me hobbit, but he does get a kick out of my calling him Your Highness, especially if I need him to reach something that is way up on a tall shelf, etc.)

My name comes from the French word for bless as in "God bless you" -- "Que dieu te bénisse." God has been so faithful to me, giving me reasons each day to be thankful through the ups and downs of life, so my name is a reminder both of His blessings, and of my desire to be a blessing to others. Also I have a daughter with Down syndrome, and I call her "my 21st Blessing" because that condition results from an extra copy of the 21st chromosome. So bless/blessing is a huge part of my world, my worldview, and who I am.
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:50 pm

@Benisse: I was wondering where your name came from! That's amazing. (Also the story about your son is amusing. :) )
knight and scribe

Return to “Town Square Archives”