Names

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

ShiofNarnia
Knight

Re: Names

Post by ShiofNarnia » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Well my sisters, brother and I made up 3-letter nicknames for each other, and Shi was mine. So I think it was on NarniaWeb when I first called myself ShiofNarnia. :)
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:00 pm

I was running around outside one day, and all of a sudden I thought,Hey, I bet God's girl forever would be a good new FanFiction username! Well, it turned out that someone else already had that one, so I used Jesus' girl 4ever instead. Well, by the time I joined TLC, I had added some stories to the fan creations section already with that username, so, even though I had changed my FF name by then, I used this one on here to limit confusion.
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:45 am

I really have no idea. I was just on Narniaweb and was like..."always narnian." It has been years and years and years since I made it up!
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Hahaha, I'm with Ann! I don't remember how I came up with narniagirl11, nor is it very creative. I used it first on FanFiction. I do know that I chose 11 because that's the number I use for everything. Now I use narniagirl11 for just about everything.
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:20 pm

"Elanorelle" is a pet name of Elanor that Samwise used in the epilogue of Lord of the Rings (which can be found in the History of Middle-Earth I believe). Well I decided to use it because 1.) it looked nice and sounded nice to me 2.) I liked LotR (Samwise being my favourite character). I'd probably use it elsewhere too, just to be consistent. :)
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:34 pm

Um... Tenethia used to be a much more complicated Fanfiction Mary-Suer named Tenethianunandry. Crazy, yes. I shortened it and fell in love with just Tenethia, and... started a different Sue-fic, and joined TLC as a Sue. Yes.

:P I'm crazy.
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
The Happy Islander
ROotL

Post by The Happy Islander » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:57 am

In The Magic City by E. Nesbit, the protagonist is set a series of tasks he must complete. One of them is to "destroy the fear of the Dwellers by the Sea." Their fear is a problem because they're supposed to be "happy troops of gentle islanders," and they shan't be as happy as they're supposed to be so long as this fear exists. (They also don't live on an island, because there's only one island and they're not allowed on it, but that's another matter...)

Before I joined TLC, I had thought about these happy islanders, and how that would be such a good title for people on my website (which I call "The Island in the Middle of the Afternoon"). So when I joined TLC I had already been thinking of that, and... it just fit for me to be The Happy Islander. (It also was part of the inspiration for me being a giraffe... the happy islanders in the book have all sorts of Noah's Ark animals--the Lord High Islander even rides a giraffe at one point--and as I was looking at pictures of a Noah's Ark that I painted, it just... fell into place for me to be a giraffe, too. It just fits somehow.)

So, yes. :)
They might not need me but; they might.
I'll let my Head be just in sight;
A smile as small as mine might be
Precisely their necessity.
-Emily Dickinson
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 am

So when I was growing up, we didn't have internet (yes, that means I'm old, but not that old - mostly my family were just slow to catch up, and SA is a bit behind anyway). We finally got internet at home my first year out of school, and I also had internet access at the church where I was doing my gap year course (that's when I joined TLC).

Before then, I'd used Ajnos as a username for computer games and stuff. Ajnos is my real name backwards. It was also my name at a kids Holiday Club we ran at church on the theme of "Aliens". All the leaders went by backward versions of their names because that made us sound more alien. My sister and best friend in high school also called me Ajnos.

When I first joined TLC, there weren't many people on with Middle Earth names, (and I hadn't thought about it), but I've since wished I'd gone with Ajnos Gamgee, so I use the fuller version on occasions when I can. The Gamgee surname has nothing to do with me being a Sam fan-girl and everything to do with my RL name (which you'll know if you're friends with me on FB or have contact with me in some other form). The reason in-character for "Gamgee" is that Ajnos is the Gamgee family's pet hedgehog :D
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam
Esprit
Knight

Post by Esprit » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:28 pm

This is a fun thread. :D

Before I joined TLC, I used to participate on the main site under the username "Jewel in a Crown", from the verse in Zechariah, "The Lord their God will save them on that day as the flock of his people. They will sparkle in his land like jewels in a crown."
But when I decided to join the forum, I decided I wanted a new name. For some reason, I wanted it to start with "Es." So, I looked up "es-" words in the dictionary and came upon esprit. My French friend told me that it's just the French word for soul or spirit, but the English dictionary also defines it as "Liveliness of mind; lively intelligence or wit." I thought the meaning was cool, and while I'm the first to admit I'm not a very witty person, the definition reminded me of how Jesus gives us "life, and life to the full." Plus, it sounds pretty (the T is silent).
Thus was born the alias of yours truly.
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ―Victor Hugo
albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Post by albero1 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:38 pm

@Esprit: I pronounce your name right! *happy dance*
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots

Return to “Town Square Archives”