Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Always! :D
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Re: Big Hero 6 Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Post by Lil » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Okay so I just saw this movie recently, and even though I knew certain spoilers, I was NOT prepared. The movie crushed my feelings. It was very good.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:23 pm

:D That's good! I guess that's how good BH6 is, to have hit you hard with the feels despite knowing stuff.

EDIT: Also... came across a petition to bring Tadashi back: https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disne ... shi-hamada (change.org not affiliated with TLC; click at thine own risk). :lol:
knight and scribe
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:28 pm

I don't think anyone could truly be prepared for it. Even after having seen it ten times it still gets me.

I saw that before. :lol: Over a thousand supporters, not bad.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:14 am

:D I haven't teared up since the first time I saw it, but it definitely still hits me in the feels. Every. Time.

Kinda surprised there aren't more supporters, but then it's probably not much circulated. I only found it because I was checking out BH6 fanart on deviantart.
knight and scribe
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Have you seen that one article about Tadashi coming back as the super Sunfire? Now that has circulated. I've seen articles based on the supposition, citing it as if that is what's going to happen. :P It's an interesting concept but I don't know if Disney would have rights to the character.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:58 pm

I think I did, unless you're talking about a different article. And point on Disney/Marvel having rights to the character as Sunfire's an X-Man character. Unless they make a deal like they did with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
Honestly, I don't want Tadashi back unless they have a very good explanation for how he doesn't die in the first place and an equally good reason for why he didn't come home. I don't want another half-baked Valka. Tadashi deserves so much more than that.
knight and scribe
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:31 am

I loved Valka. ;) But then this is neither here nor the right thread for this. :P
(I don't know how I would feel if Tadashi came back.... but I think I agree with Ariel.)
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:26 pm

Tadashi will return, because he is owned by Marvel and in the Marvel Universe heroes always come back... Eventually.

I finally saw Big Hero 6 . The storyline, characterization, and art are all very interesting and fun. I love how we kept finding out more about the side-characters: Wasabi is strong (but is also very careful), Honey Lemon seems superficial (but she later helps fight), etc. Tadashi's friends also help him with his anger.

I wish they had a side-comic about Aunt Cass, she keeps reminding me of Spider-man's Aunt May. Aunts are usually stronger characters in comics than is usually pointed out, how would you react if your nephews spent all night building gadgets and sneaking out at night for secret superheroing? They must love their nephews an awful lot.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:00 am

:P

More info on Aunt Cass would be nice. Ooh, I hadn't realized that! Wow, yeah, no kidding. I know I'd be freaking out at any nephews who would do that, especially if I was their guardian....
knight and scribe

Return to “Town Square Archives”