In the time of Turnips

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

Lil
Site Admin

In the time of Turnips

Post by Lil » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:46 pm

That's right, TLC mafia is back for another round! Sign up for round Four! Tenny is modding this round!

Lucy Took wrote:So for now if you want to play one of the most fun forum games ever (Even better than DDG!) and if you're willing to check in once a day for a couple of weeks (Just to check your PMs) post here and say you're in. Sign up goes until May first, game play starts on the third.

It'll be awesome.

Rules
(Rules adapted from menconi.com which were found via a google search. Don't really recommend the site, mostly because it seems to be some random dude's inventory of how to throw a party from the 90s :P Also consulted was Korkoa, Wikipedia, DragonE from ages ago and my brain.)

The Set up
Members of the dreaded mafia have infiltrated our community and we, as concerned concerned turnip farmers, need to root them out. So every day we hold a town meeting and tickle someone we suspect of being a member of the mafia (it's not as bad as it seems: we vote first). Then, every "night" the mafia secretly meet and pick a townsperson to kidnap; the townspeople learn about it in the morning. There is a also an undercover Detective floating around somewhere who can help the townspeople, as well as a doctor and a mayor to guide you.

Before the first day, I'll send everyone a PM telling you what your role is. I'll let you know if you're mafia or a turnip farmer. I'll also let you know if you have a special role. It's important that no one reveal their role until they are either kidnapped or in jail following a tickling(We keep you in there for the rest of the game so you don't get bothered by the other townspeople). The one exception to this is the detective who may reveal their role whenever/if they so choose. Also, if you've been kidnapped or tickled, you're free to ask me who everyone is. Also, I'll PM all of the mafia members in a group PM so that they know who their fellow members are

Night and Day

The day is election day! On this day you have to choose your mayor, someone that you trust. Why do you have to trust the mayor? Because the mayor gets TWO votes as to who gets to be tickled into confession. This is the first day.

The first night the mafia sends me a PM alerting me as to who has been kidnapped. So ends first night. All nights will work like this.

Second day is when the fun really starts! As soon as the day starts you're free to start voting! You can vote to have ANYONE who's still in the game to be tickled until they confess what team they're on. Just post what your vote is in this thread and put it in bold. You're free to talk about who you want to vote for and to try to convince other people to vote for who you think is mafia...or if you're mafia you can try to get others to vote on people that could be on to you. You're free to change your vote any time before the day is over by editing your previous vote so it's bold. ONLY BOLD VOTES WILL BE COUNTED (I'll be chill about this the first couple of days)

The cycle of the first night and second day will continue until there's either no mafia left, or when there's more mafia than townspeople.

Each day and night will be a 24 hour period, starting and ending around Noon(Central time. I know, it's my lunch break and I'm on central. Times will be later or earlier on weekends due to church/work). If at all possible on "Night" days I'd really love it if the mafia could get me who the victim is at least 15 minutes before the "Day" period starts so I have time to think up a story. If you HAVE a story to tell about the kidnapping, you are awesome.

SPECIAL ROLES

Mr./Ms. Mayor

Voted on at the start of the game. Gets two votes during the day period.

The Detective

Detective can detect whether a player is a mafioso. Every night the detective can PM me and ask me if a certain person is mafia. And I'll tell him or her the answer. There are no rules saying that you can't /pretend/ to be a detective to get people to win you over to your side, but I'm only telling the real detective the roles.

The Guardian Angel

Every night period the angel PMs me the name of a person that they think shouldn't be kidnapped. If that person is chosen by the mafia to be kidnapped, the kidnapping will fail and the turnip farmer will be safe for that night. However, the angel can only protect one person for one night in a row.

Twins

Twins have a special bond. If one twin is kidnapped or jailed, the other twin will run away from town and mope and is out of the game as well. If you're a twin, you'll know who your twin is and if they're mafia or not.
The current players are:

Elanorelle
Jesusgirl4ever
Kristi
Lucy Took
Lady Arlian
Gypsevedius
Hobbit of Narnia
Narniac101
Narniagirl11
Shield Maiden
Cor
Ariel of Narnia
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
cor
Knight

Re: In the time of Turnips

Post by cor » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:56 pm

YAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in.
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Me's in! 8-)
Thank you, Hobbit!
Shield Maiden
Knight

Post by Shield Maiden » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm in!
Team Cap. Sig made by Ariel.
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:30 pm

In!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 pm

I'm in again.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:12 am

Of course, I'm in! Hopefully I won't get kidnapped again.
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:55 am

IN!
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:07 am

I'm in! :mrgreen:
If you see a typo in this message, let me know. *facepalm*
^.^ *is such a suspicious looking unicavvey*
Thanks for the sig, Hobbit! (:
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:23 am

I'm in for this game! Woohoo!

Return to “Town Square Archives”