Choose Your Own Ending!

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

Tenethia
Site Admin

Choose Your Own Ending!

Post by Tenethia » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Allllllllllright, people. This is kinda like the sentence game, but there are several differences.

One, it's not only just one sentence per turn. You can write only one if you wish, but you will find you'll be writing a paragraph or maybe two per turn.
Second, it's a story that we want to go in a particular direction. We want the plot we start with to carry through until the end, and we want the story to actually /have/ an ending. :P
Three, you don't choose where it goes. You look at the options the previous player gave you and choose where it goes from there.

I'll start and you'll catch on. :P

I stared at the swinging doors of the bank in thought, fingering the pistol at my side. It wouldn't take long; this would be easy, if only I moved quickly. I waited until the last customer stepped out of the building, mounted his mare, and trotted off. I slid the black mask over my mouth and started for the bank, but hesitated. Should I really do this?

A. Yes.
B. No.

(thanks for the idea, Cor *applause*)
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
narniac101
Contributor

Re: Choose Your Own Ending!

Post by narniac101 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:29 pm

(*claps for Cor too* :D )

Nope. I could end up in jail for a few decades, and I'm too introverted to share a room with somebody else... besides, I'd have to wear orange, and I don't like orange very much. I think I'll just go home and cook an elaborate lasagna. Or maybe invent a time machine. "Which would I rather do?"

A: Go home and cook and elaborate lasagna
B: Invent a time machine
Thank you, Hobbit!
Tenethia
Site Admin

Post by Tenethia » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:38 pm

B. Obviously I want to invent a time machine. Who doesn't?

I went home and spent several weeks working. I finally decided to try something. I painted a picture of several places, my favorites being Washington's camp at Valley Forge, and the Mayflower. It was time to try it! Would it work? Wait... Where did I want to go?

A. Washington's Camp
B. The Mayflower
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:44 am

I finally decided on Washington's Camp, with the hope of maybe taking a cannon ball or a rifle back with me. Or maybe getting General Washington's autograph. As I was preparing my belongings to take with me on the excursion, I stopped suddenly. My time machine was making irky noises, and I thought I should investigate. Maybe it needs a new battery, I surmised. After confirming my my hypotheses, I bounced to Walmart and bought another pack of batteries. Then came one of the most important decisions of the entire day... do I want:

A: The paper bag
B: The plastic bag
Thank you, Hobbit!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:11 am

B. I went with the plastic bag. Less eco-friendly, but easy to reuse!

So the cashier (who was totally grumpy, btw) stashed my batteries into a plastic bag and handed me my change. (And she totally didn't respond when I told her to have a good day... people these days!)
Anyway, I soon forgot about her as I set out putting the new batteries into the time machine. The thing whirred back to life, but something was not quite right. The whirring was way too fast! Suddenly, it...

A: exploded!
B: sucked me in!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:00 am

It sucked me in! As I was falling through time, I silently prayed that everything worked right. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt myself slowing down. With a jolt, I found myself standing on the ground. I slowly peeled my eyes open. I gasped! Something had gone wrong! I wasn't at Valley Forge, I was at...
A. the State House in Philadelphia in 1776.
B. Yorktown in 1781.
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:25 pm

I was at Yorktown in 1781! However, after not reading my American history in forever, I couldn't quite... remember... what was going on here. So I decided that...
A: I would draw a sketch of the town
B: Work as hard as I possibly could trying to get back to my time machine.
Thank you, Hobbit!
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:04 pm

I began to draw. Now, my artistic skills are somewhat lacking, but I did try. I saw a guy in the distance handing General Washington his sword. Of course! This was where the British surrendered! Suddenly, the world began to spin and I felt lightheaded. I closed my eyes and opened them to see...
A. Gettysburg.
B. Iwo Jima.
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:17 pm

I closed my eyes and opened them to see Gettysburg! But not for long! I suddenly ended up right back in my workshop. I then realized that I had put in the wrong kind of batteries, and that was why it had malfunctioned like that. I decided...
A: That I should try using garlic juice as fuel, as it's more dependable than batteries.
B: That I'd go visit Hobbiton in NZ next!
Thank you, Hobbit!
Shield Maiden
Knight

Post by Shield Maiden » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:02 pm

I grind up some garlic to make my own juice (it's more cost-effective, apparently) and pump it into the machine. I think I should...

A: Try to figure out exactly how much power this machine needs to run
B: Test out the new garlic-juice fuel
Team Cap. Sig made by Ariel.

Return to “Town Square Archives”