Inside Out (discussion and spoilers)

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Inside Out (discussion and spoilers)

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:22 pm

Ah, I understand.
Well, there have been films under the same name but with entirely different stories. Can't think of any at the moment, but I know I've seen a couple myself.

So here's a random question for you all: of the five emotions in the movie, which do you think would be the dominant one in your own mind? Though it shouldn't be the case, I'm thinking Disgust would be my alpha emotion.... :?
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:00 am

Haha good question. I think probably fear. Just cause I'm really paranoid about everything.
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:22 am

@Anne: Overall it's actually been a good move, it's just remembering everything before we left that can be tough at times. (Eria says hi, by the way :) )

As for the question... well I think DIsgust is my dominant emotion as much as I don't want to admit it. A very close second would be Fear - not really of "tangible" situations but of abstract concepts .
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:27 am

Ooh, Elanor identifies a second! Not quite sure what my second would be....
knight and scribe
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:46 am

We might get to go see Inside Out! :mrgreen: I hope. If we don't see it this weekend, then we probably won't see it until it comes out on DVD. :? But I really want to. :P
Thank you, Hobbit!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:56 am

I hope you get to too. :)
knight and scribe
cor
Knight

Post by cor » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:25 pm

I loved Inside Out! Who else had to sit through that annoying short at the beginning? I looooooooooooooove anger! What does that say about me, I wonder?
*is such a cocky shapechanger*
I am Kili to Gypse's Fili. And apparently to Alex's Legolas...
*is a Bore sitting on my Bor's head*
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:54 pm

"I have a dream I hope will one day come true, when you are here with me and I'm here with you..." Yeah, that's just from having seen the short once. :?

As for liking Anger... I can't really say because I like him too. Not all the time, but in general.
knight and scribe
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:41 am

In case anyone wants to relive all the feels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYl4AalQRw (YouTube not affiliated with TLC; click at your own risk).
knight and scribe
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:02 pm

*takes a deep breath*

I loved Inside Out to pieces! I was prepared to cry during this movie and it did not disappoint.
(mom actually had to comfort me at the end where riley is crying, cause I was crying so hard I was sniffling. I mean I figured what was the use in trying to pretend to be strong and not let things affect me (what I useally do.) I'd only get a major headache.) I really identified with riley even thought she was just 11/12 and i'm not, because it woke something up in me, like an old memory of how happy and whimsical I used to be,

It also really struck me because we moved (well I guess it's almost two years now.) and I've just been really stuck, and sad somtimes and too afraid to go out any and join anything around me (the young Adult's community group is at the same time as the church service of the church we went too.) We've moved 3 or 4 times (I know some people have moved many many more so I'm not trying to complain) each time has been harder because I'm older each time and putting down roots is hard because I'm pretty shy. I'm still missing the church I had been apart of and had made friends there. I don't remember exactly why I hoped to see it with my parents, but sometimes it's easier to watch a movie and show them and discuss off of that. So yeah, I thought it was awesome and the best Pixar I've seen yet.

As much as I loved Joy, I was glad in the end she came to understand the importance of sadness because I didn't like her being rude as she was to sadness. (Of course I understand, who wants sadness around??) The moment when Joy cried felt really important to me. And I loved the teamwork of Joy and Sadness at the end. The part at the end where her parents comfort her was enormous too because it seems sometimes like there's an enormous pressure today to always be happy and for the parents comforting her and saying they missed things too.

So there you have it my ramblings.
always narnian wrote: I loved the part where they spilled over the "facts and opinions" and they said, "O, theses facts and opinions look so similar." ^_^
I noticed that part to it was amusing.
Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:Oh, yeah, facts and opinions. That bit was both hilarious and scary.... :) ...
Yeah, I know!
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)

Return to “Town Square Archives”