PAN *SPOILERS*

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: PAN *SPOILERS*

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:17 am

Uh... both, really, but moreso the movie. And he really hated Hook. But I already know I don't always agree with said reviewer.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:59 am

Well, sounds like a downer. Hook, in my opinion, makes the movie.
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:01 am

Well we always seem to like movies that do kind of poorly and aren't very popular ... lol.
I'm not sure why you wouldn't like Hook ... he's hilarious. But I really like Garrett Hedlund, so as I said before, that kinda makes you prejudiced.
I've seen Hugh Jackman in a couple interviews and I really like him as a person. Yeah I don't know about X-men for sure, I don't know much about it, and I really don't know if I could handle Les Mis or not. Hahaha. And I've never heard of the other movie you mentioned. :)
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:18 am

The reviewer's biggest beef with Hook was that he was your stereotypical weirdo film American, like in the way he talked and stuff. And he also didn't like that Hook was very much un-Hook-like, said that it made Hook's being a bad guy later unbelievable.
knight and scribe
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:23 am

I think they meant for him to be kind of clumsy and doofy. And I can kinda understand that it seems weird for Hook later on, but isn't the cartoon Captain Hook also amusing? I haven't watched that in forever. I don't know what he's supposed to be like from the book though cause I've never read it. I'm not like a huge fan of Peter Pan movies or anything, so it wasn't a let down for me. Also it was an origin story and in the credits it said "based on the characters by J.M. Barrie." So it's not like one of those "based on such and such a book" and then it's nothing like the book. But like I said I've never even read it. I just enjoyed the movie. :) lol I'm rambling :)
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:34 am

:D I might give it a shot in the future.
knight and scribe
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:09 pm

This comes out on the 22nd, by the way! I can't believe it's coming out so soon. Me and my friend were discussing it and she thought it came down to not doing well in theatres. I guess I would have to agree. They are rushing it for a Christmas DVD release.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:04 am

Wow, that /is/ fast! That's only, like, 2 weeks after Ant-Man's on DVD....
knight and scribe
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:11 pm

My friend posted the trailer for Pan way way before it came out (she was really excited) and it made me really excited. I guess I'll have to wait till it's on DVD though (unless it's still in theaters?)
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:05 pm

@Ariel- and when did Ant-Man come out in theatres? Pan was in theatres October 9th.

@Lil- No, Pan is not in theatres still =P It didn't do so well, I'm not sure it even lasted a month in our theatre. Anyways, I didn't have too high of hopes for Pan so I ended up liking it. I just knew I would really like Hook, and of course I did!!! I can see where there may be some plot holes in it, but the script was very funny, I thought.

Return to “Town Square Archives”