The Return of the Jedi

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

Tenethia
Site Admin

The Return of the Jedi

Post by Tenethia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:10 am

Allllriiiight, I confess, Gypsy has done it. I now know that Jedi are the good guys! Right? :roll: :? And Siths are bad guys, right?

Well, then. With the new rage of Star Wars going around, we might as well do Mafia Star Wars style. For this round, the mafia is the Siths, or the Dark Side, and the innocent villagers fighting are the Jedis... or are you padawans? I don't know. ANYWAY!

Basically the point of the game is for the Siths to... blow up? light saber-away? kill? tickle to death? the Jedis, before the Jedis can figure out who the Siths are, and stop them.

Here are the rules and how the game works. This is something Tooky put together for us :)
When you are reading, please replace the following words.

Mafia with Siths
Townsperson/Villager/Innocents/Turnip Farmers/etc. with Padawans
Mayor with... Captain
Detective with Jedi
Twins with Luke and Leia (Whatever :P )

Rules
(Rules adapted from menconi.com which were found via a google search. Don't really recommend the site, mostly because it seems to be some random dude's inventory of how to throw a party from the 90s :P Also consulted was Korkoa, Wikipedia, DragonE from ages ago and my brain.)

The Set up
Members of the dreaded mafia have infiltrated our community and we, as concerned concerned turnip farmers, need to root them out. So every day we hold a town meeting and tickle someone we suspect of being a member of the mafia (it's not as bad as it seems: we vote first). Then, every "night" the mafia secretly meet and pick a townsperson to kidnap; the townspeople learn about it in the morning. There is a also an undercover Detective floating around somewhere who can help the townspeople, as well as a doctor and a mayor to guide you.

Before the first day, I'll send everyone a PM telling you what your role is. I'll let you know if you're mafia or a turnip farmer. I'll also let you know if you have a special role. It's important that no one reveal their role until they are either kidnapped or in jail following a tickling(We keep you in there for the rest of the game so you don't get bothered by the other townspeople). The one exception to this is the detective who may reveal their role whenever/if they so choose. Also, if you've been kidnapped or tickled, you're free to ask me who everyone is. Also, I'll PM all of the mafia members in a group PM so that they know who their fellow members are

Night and Day

The day is election day! On this day you have to choose your mayor, someone that you trust. Why do you have to trust the mayor? Because the mayor gets TWO votes as to who gets to be tickled into confession. This is the first day.

The first night the mafia sends me a PM alerting me as to who has been kidnapped. So ends first night. All nights will work like this.

Second day is when the fun really starts! As soon as the day starts you're free to start voting! You can vote to have ANYONE who's still in the game to be tickled until they confess what team they're on. Just post what your vote is in this thread and put it in bold. You're free to talk about who you want to vote for and to try to convince other people to vote for who you think is mafia...or if you're mafia you can try to get others to vote on people that could be on to you. You're free to change your vote any time before the day is over by editing your previous vote so it's bold. ONLY BOLD VOTES WILL BE COUNTED (I'll be chill about this the first couple of days)

The cycle of the first night and second day will continue until there's either no mafia left, or when there's more mafia than townspeople.

Each day and night will be a 24 hour period, starting and ending, probably around nine or ten Pacific time. If at all possible on "Night" days I'd really love it if the mafia could get me who the victim is at least 15 minutes before the "Day" period starts so I have time to think up a story. If you HAVE a story to tell about the kidnapping, you are awesome. Also, I welcome you to provide a set for your kidnappee to wear. (You know, jail bars or something ;) )

SPECIAL ROLES

Mr./Ms. Mayor (Captain)

Voted on at the start of the game. Gets two votes during the day period.

The Detective (Jedi)

Detective can detect whether a player is a mafioso. Every night the detective can PM me and ask me if a certain person is mafia. And I'll tell him or her the answer. There are no rules saying that you can't /pretend/ to be a detective to get people to win you over to your side, but I'm only telling the real detective the roles.

The Guardian Angel

Every night period the angel PMs me the name of a person that they think shouldn't be kidnapped. If that person is chosen by the mafia to be kidnapped, the kidnapping will fail and the turnip farmer will be safe for that night. However, the angel can only protect one person for one night in a row.

Twins (Luke and Leia)

Twins have a special bond. If one twin is kidnapped or jailed, the other twin will run away from town and mope and is out of the game as well. If you're a twin, you'll know who your twin is and if they're mafia or not.

Alrighty! That's it, folks. If you have any questions post them below or PM me. I'll be modding this first round. You can sign up here :) Just let me know you plan to join in!

The round will star the 15th of February :)
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Re: The Return of the Jedi

Post by Lucy Took » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:15 am

IN!

All the in!
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:23 am

I wanna play!
narniac101
Contributor

Post by narniac101 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:32 am

Meesa in! :mrgreen:
Thank you, Hobbit!
Swanwhite
Site Admin

Post by Swanwhite » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:43 am

Know what? I'm in :)
gypsevedius
Knight
Location: To be honest...what if you tickled a unicorn's face?

Post by gypsevedius » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:51 am

I have arrived! Booyeah! Count me in!
If you see a typo in this message, let me know. *facepalm*
^.^ *is such a suspicious looking unicavvey*
Thanks for the sig, Hobbit! (:
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:57 am

I'm in. *crosses fingers and hopes to be a rebel spy* :P
knight and scribe