Dear Father Christmas

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

The Happy Islander
ROotL

Re: Dear Father Christmas

Post by The Happy Islander » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:44 pm

Dear Father Christmas,

I just realized last night that my favorite parts of LWW involve either you or Professor Kirke. So thank you for your quiet, solemn joyfulness that goes so well with the Christmas season.

May a good little giraffe in need of encouragement make a few requests?

First and foremost, I would very much appreciate it if some of your elves would quote some Bible verses for me, some that would be sustaining to a Giraffe in Distress. (My preference is for the KJV, as that's the translation that somehow "clicks" best with my fuzzy giraffe brain, but other translations are just fine, too. :) )

And then... I know it's completely impractical for me to have a dog right now--but I can have one anyway, can't I? A cuddly, fluffy she-dog of medium size, please. :D

And if there's an elf who would be willing to do some research for me about ancient Egyptian textiles, it would make me a very happy giraffey indeed!

Other things I like include: snails, giraffes (naturally), things that remind me of my TLC friends, hugs, hymns, Christmas carols, gentle things,

Lewis Carroll (especially Sylvie and Bruno), A. A. Milne, L. Frank Baum, Tolkien's story "Leaf by Niggle", Narnia (books and BBC), E. Nesbit's books The Railway Children and The Magic City, Psmith (from some Wodehouse books),

The color white, climbing trees, the beauties of nature; my favorite stars include the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper, especially the North Star.

And, yes. Whatever else I like. :)

Thank you very much, Father Christmas and Elves!

Love, The Happy Islander :)
They might not need me but; they might.
I'll let my Head be just in sight;
A smile as small as mine might be
Precisely their necessity.
-Emily Dickinson
liseegirl
Newbie: Looking into Wardrobes

Post by liseegirl » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Dearest Father Christmas,
It's that time of year again, and I'm sure you and your elves are extremely busy, but I was hoping they would have time to send me a few little Christmas presents. Here's a list of things I would love to have for Christmas.
I love anything in correlation with my fandoms (Narnia, Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, and Kingdom Keepers)

I would love some good, long fanfiction, preferably finished, that fits with any of these topics.

My favorite scripture passages are Philippians 4:8 and the last part of Proverbs 31, so anything with that would be nice.

I will be happy with anything else you see fit to give me. Thank you, and I hope you have a very merry Christmas!
Yours truly,
liseegirl
Is being different really all that bad?
Eriathwen
ROotL

Post by Eriathwen » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Dear Father Christmas,
I have been good this year right?!? I am an elf after all..well except not a Christmas elf..but then again I like Christmas.. Oh well anyways... just in case I am eligible, would you mind sharing this list with a few of my elf kin? :)

I have a few things I'd really like ^.^

Sets, video's, music, stories, poems, pictures, quotes, drawing tutorials, and anything else you may think of in these fandoms... *points down*

Scriptures please :)
The Lord of the Rings trilogy (books or movies :D) ~ Legolas, Gimli, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Faramir
The Hobbit (book or movies :D) ~ Bilbo, Thorin, Fili, Kili, Smaug, Thranduil, Legolas, Tauriel, and Bard
Narnia (books or movies) ~ Aslan, Lucy, Peter, Edmund, Reepicheep, Susan
North and South (book or BBC series) ~ Mr. Thornton, Margaret Hale
Frozen ~ Elsa, Kristoff, Anna, Sven
Tangled ~ Rapunzel, Flynn, and Pascal
Anything Elvish ~ Elvish lessons would be nice or costume ideas ;)
Anything in the Christmas happiness and cheer mood!!
Scenery, all kinds of animals, flowers and etc.
I also would like a dwarf all my own :D (ie Thorin ;) )

Fingernail painting designs :)

Love and Merry Christmas!!!!!
Eria
PS could you please give Gypsy an orc helmet ;)
The Elf of Narnia
Love makes people so
Benisse
Site Admin

Post by Benisse » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:18 am

Dear Father Christmas,
I hope you and your wife are well and not too stressed out by the busy-ness this time of year.
I have only one request.
Could you please send me some graphics relating to prayer that I could use when posting new monthly prayer threads? That would be so cool!
God bless us one and all!
Benisse
Xin Yesu, Xiang Yesu - Believe Jesus, Be like Jesus
LWW art in my avvy and siggy by my daughter
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Dear Father Christmas,
I haven't been completely good this year, and I've broken quite a few chandeliers, but I hope you will forgive me. Tenethia has been a very bad influence on me in the past year. ( :lol: )

It's taken me a terribly long time to think about what I would like for Christmas this year. I already have snow, hot chocolate and a blanket, so I'm set there.

Let's see...
I always love new signature sets! Narnia, LotR, The Hobbit, Frozen, quotes, or sets with quotes or ideas from my fanfictions. Those would be cool. :) I like to listen to piano pieces, and I enjoy watching music videos about any of the above fandoms. I love reading good fanfictions in these fandoms as well, whether they are short or long. I also like artwork. Fan-art, original art, it's all good stuff. :)

Thank you very much, and greet your wife for me! Merry Christmas!

Edit: I could also use some verses and thoughts of encouragement and strength.

Second Edit: I also really enjoy watching videos of Irish Step Dancing (like Riverdance) and Celtic music.
Last edited by narniagirl11 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
Esprit
Knight

Post by Esprit » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Dear Father Christmas,

I hope the Christmas season is not giving you and your elves too much stress! And please thank your elves for the kindness and helpfulness last year. :)

I would dearly love a Christmas set, especially one with lyrics from a Christmas hymn or Aaron Shust's "God Has Come to Earth."

I'm also looking for a new quilt, so if any of your elves happen to see a quilt with either a nautical theme or teal, green, or yellow colors?

A majestic choral piece would be gorgeous.

And, lastly, book recommendations. My brother loves well-written, sprawling epics (Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, for example), and after Tales of Goldstone Wood, I'm not sure what else to recommend to him...

*leaves out chocolate oreo truffles for elves* Have a blessed December!

-Es
“The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ―Victor Hugo
Ethranduil
Knight

Post by Ethranduil » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:44 am

Dear Father Christmas,

I think I have been good so far, (though Gypse says I am "Evil Elf")

I would like some sets (LOTR and Hobbit") with quotes. (Doesn't matter whether from books or movies)

Also some short stories about (LOTR or Hobbit)

Finally maybe some videos referring to LOTR and/or Hobbit

Thank you
Ethan :D
aslansgirl04
Knight

Post by aslansgirl04 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:05 pm

Dear Father Christmas,

I would like Tangled sets, Disney Princess sets [except Merida, Mulan, and Tiana] and Barbie sets [I'd love Mariposa sets!]and Narnia sets [not Frozen sets, 'cause I haven't seen it yet.]

Thank you!
Aygee
^^ As you can tell, I like Wonder Woman!
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:47 am

Dear Father Christmas,

I know I haven't always been good this year, but I've tried. That counts for something, doesn't it? Anywho, if you'd be so kind, I'd like--

Links to instrumental music, preferably involving piano or violin as a key component.

Recommendations for well-characterized and grammatically correct fanfiction related to Lord of the Rings, Narnia, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Babylon 5, or any of the Star Trek series except for Voyager and Enterprise.

Art (Elf-made or otherwise) containing fantasy scenery, pretty (and clothed) fairies or mermaids, Tolkien characters, winged animals, people in armor, Friendship is Magic's Princess Luna looking regal, or some combination of the above.

Poetry, Elf-written or otherwise, preferably rhymed and more than four lines in length.

Sets with Princess Luna, big old books, sunsets, storms, cats, Percy Shelley poetry quotes, or more than one of the above.

Thank you so much. ^_^
Ajnos
Site Admin

Post by Ajnos » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:56 pm

p.s. Further to my previous letter, I have now seen Day of the Doctor and any and all Doctor Who-related stuff is welcome.
Thank you for the set Happy!!

Born a Daughter of Eve; Now a Daughter of the Second Adam

Return to “SS 2013 Archive”