February 28th Writer's Log

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose, Lil

Tenethia
Site Admin

February 28th Writer's Log

Post by Tenethia » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:28 am

William, Edward, Sofia, and Arnadene shared on this day.

GENERAL NONSENSE
Tenethia: *rushes in* Am I late?
Narniagirl11: Only by 3 minutes
Tenethia: I'm glad you're here! Where's Ariel? William and Ed will be here any minute now
narniagirl11: *shrugs*
Tenethia: I didn't think you were coming, or I'd have warned you to read Chapter 1 and 8 of HHB
Tenethia: I didn't even get a chance to read them.
Narniagirl11: :P
Tenethia: Hey, Phantom-Will!
Tenethia: it helps that I have them memorized half-way :p
Sir-Edward: *rides in on epic steed*
narniagirl11: Hello Sir Knights!
Tenethia: *dies Edward's beard red* why, hellooo, Anradin~!
Sir-William: Hi, NG!
Sir-Edward: .o0(since when did i have a beard?)
Tenethia: I just gave you one. And dyed it red
Sir-Edward: AAAAHHH! *starts shaving frantically*
Tenethia: ok, guys, we're having a five minute delay before Writer's. Sound good?
Tenethia: cause mischief or something, I'll be back in a sec
Sir-William: sounds good
narniagirl11: *puts a super fast hair growing potion on Ed's head*
Sir-Edward: *starts reading chapter one and three VERY quickly*
Sir-Edward: *now has hair, VERY quickly*
narniagirl11: *giggles*
Tenethia: chapter EIGHT
narniagirl11: You look like Rapunzel with a red beard and wearing armour
Tenethia: chapter 8 is possibly the most important. I also hope it is chapter 8. Should be the hearing with Tisroc and Rab-o
Tenethia: it's for today's writing challenge smiley-razz
Sir-William: We have it all sorted out, fear not
Sir-Edward: O, my father and o' to the delight of my eyes.....yea
Tenethia: May you live forever, but you have utterly destroyed me!
Tenethia: If you had given me the swiftest galleons, (I think), when I first saw that the ship of the accursed Narnians was gone, I would perhaps have overtaken them!
Tenethia: But you persuaded me to send first and see if they had not merely moved round the point into better anchorage
Tenethia: And now the whole day's been WASTED, and they are gone gone GONE out of my reach!
Sir-William: You are looking at a book while you type that, right?
Tenethia: Tisroc: Compose yourself, o my son. For the departure of guests makes a wound that is easily healed in the heart of a judicious host.
Tenethia: nope. I have it memorized
Sir-William: ?!?!?!?!?!
Sir-William: *is impressed deeply*
Tenethia: Rabadash: BUT I WANT HER! I must have her! I shall DIE if I do not get her. False, proud, black-hearted daughter of a dog that she is! I must have the barbarian queen, or... or..."
Tenethia: Tisroc: or what, my son?
Sir-William: !!!!!
Tenethia: I'm done
Sir-Edward: lol
Tenethia: I even have a Rabadash and Tisroc voice I use. I love that book.
Tenethia: I'm obsessed with Calormene.
Sir-Edward: i know.

WELCOME AND CHALLENGE
Tenethia: Hath not one of the poets said "application to business is the root of prosperity!"?
Tenethia: Thus, I hereby call Writer's Group to order.
Sir-Edward: here here!
always narnian: Hey Tenny I'm here for a little while to check it out! (But I might Leave!!)
Tenethia: Today we have a character challenge!!!
SehsisResdreamer: oh? whats that
Tenethia: It's when I ask everyone to act like a certain character for the duration of Writer's Group -- they get to give feedback using that character
Tenethia: Today's character iiiiiiiiiiiiiiis:
SehsisResdreamer: ooooo fun
Tenethia: Tarkaans and Calormene poets.
always narnian: Wow never would have guessed
Sir-Edward: POETRY!!!!!!!!!
always narnian: O great Tenny
SehsisResdreamer: A fine choice, o most enlightened Tenethia
Sir-Edward: my you live forever and all that.
Tenethia: And I get to be the Tisroc because I'm in charge here!
always narnian: O my son and O the delight of my eyes
Tenethia: Do you imply I'd do anything less than a fine choice, o Sehsis?
always narnian: O great Tenny (may she live forever!) You do everything rightly
SehsisResdreamer: It is common knowledge that your wisdom knows no boundries
Sir-William: Oh, Tenethia(my you live for ever) It is of concern to me that we have no logger...
Sir-Edward: Poet = add an "o" the the beginning of every sentence.
always narnian: Truth
Sir-William: some truth
Tenethia: Then I commit that into your hands, o my brother. Do it well or face my wrath
Sir-William: Yes, Oh most honorable Tisroc(may you live forever)
Sir-Edward: O' I gulp with fear!(my you live forever)
Tenethia: *reclines a bit and looks generally bored*
Sir-William: O Logging, and o the delight of mine eyes...
always narnian: *taps fingers*
Tenethia: Let us not waste our time with talk.
always narnian: But then how will the meeting take place?
Sir-Edward: to late! smiley-razz
Tenethia: One of the poets has said that application to business is the root of prosperity.
Tenethia: Are you questioning me?
Narniagirl11: No, your most magnificence
always narnian: Never, O great Tenethia! (May you live forever!)

SHARING
Tenethia: *taps finger impatiently* has anyone brought anything to share?
Tenethia: Or are you all wasting my time? *grim look*
always narnian: 0_0
Sir-William: I have
SehsisResdreamer: I beg of you a small indulgence, this is after all my first time in one of these meetings and so I plead; do me the favour of casting off my ignorance on the correct procedures.
Sir-William: Your excellency
always narnian: As it is my first time as well, in Writer's Gathering
Sir-William: Let not your wrath fall upon this individual, O Tisroc
Tenethia: Hrm. We shall, o Seshis, overlook your faults. This time.
Sir-Edward: I have something to share!(and may you live blah blah blah...)
Tenethia: (yup, no problem, if you have any questions let me know! smiley )
always narnian: (Disrespect from the commoners, O Tenethia!)
Sir-William: We shall purge them from the kingdom!
SehsisResdreamer: the gods have truly blessed us with a just and merciful ruler...
Sir-Edward: I spaketh not o wise...something!
Sir-William: *smacks Ed*
always narnian: =o
Tenethia: Hath not one of the poets said "first come, first served"? O, William, you may go first
Sir-William: May a tenth of my yearly crops go to your house, O wise Tisroc, For you have greatly honored me
Sir-Edward: you don't grow any crops..
Tenethia: Small sacrifice. *looks unimpressed*
always narnian: *Chuckles at Ed's comment*
Sir-William: *Pushes Ed behind the couch with Aravis and Lasarleen
Tenethia: That's your taxes.
Sir-William: *turns away face to hide laughter* *then is serious again*
Sir-William: Right!
Tenethia: Keep us not waiting, O William. Our patience wears thin.
Sir-Edward: mine to! (and may you live for a little shorter...)
always narnian: =0
Tenethia: (*snorks completely out of characterly*)
Sir-William: This story has nothing to do with your world, O Tisroc, and is instead based of a board named clue. Has word of it reached your ears?
always narnian: Insubordinate!
Sir-William: LOL *is serious*
Sir-Edward: O i flee!
Tenethia: For other's ears, William, enlighten us.
Tenethia: (*banishes Edward to the Isle of Perpetual Tickling*)
always narnian: I have heard of this strange phenomena Clue
Sir-William: This boardgame is very old in years, and as Ed and I played a game, I wrote the story as it progressed, O Tisroc
Sir-William: Therefore, the events in the story were not our choice
Sir-William: May the great Tisroc live forever
Tenethia: I hope it proves worth our time *presses lips together and looks bored*
Sir-William: *shares*
Tenethia: (I'm sure it will, Will smiley-lol)
Sir-Edward: *screams and yells emanate from the isle of tickling*

William Shares:

Sir-William: Looking out the large mansion windows, I saw the clouds hanging low over head. There was an air of mystery about the place, and the silence running up and down the echoing coridors seemed to agree with me. My name is Professor Plum and I live in a large mansion with several other people. My first name is, of course, obviously not professor, but everyone here calls me that.
Ah but enough of such thoughts. I began to return to the Study where I would continue to read or reread the multiple books upon its many shelves. As I made my way towards the comfort of my armchair, I heard a scream pierce the still air! It sounded like someone being hurt!
I hurried as fast as my old legs could carry me towards where I thought the sound originated from, but to no avail. I soon became disorented by the many passageways, and was forced to stop and take stock of my surroundings. But wait, someone was coming down the hallway towards me. It was Miss Scarlet. She had a worried expression on her face.
"What has happened," I asked.
"Mr. Brown the gardener has been murdered," she replied.
I gave a start at this news, but then forced myself to calm down. "How can I help?" I asked.
"You can help us find clues about who the murderer is, what weapon he/she used, and what room the murder took place in, " She replied.
"Don't you already know the answer to the third question?" I asked.
"When we found him, there was evidence that he had been dragged there," she answered.
I nodded my head. "I shall begin right away," I assured her. Then returning to my study, I fetched a magnifying glass, and began searching for clues.
I begin moving out into the hallway, but was annoyed out how slowly I moved. Wait, I'm actually speeding up just a little. I decided to enter the Dining Room and found Colonel Mustard standing in the room, and casting his eyes about the place. I came up beside him and asked him if he had found any clues.
"I do believe, my good man," said he, "That in my sleep I came into this very room and hung poor Mr. Brown with this rope I hold now in my hands."
I was greatly taken aback by this statement, but not entirely convinced of its truth. At length I assured him that the room showed no sign of a scuffle and therefore the murder could not have taken place there. I then moved on to another room.
I decided to begin my search in the library, but as I made my way towards it, I found to great surprise that I was in fact sprinting towards it with great speed.
I was moving so fast that I ran by the door several times, by accident, before finally making it inside. After looking around the room a bit, I decided that it was possible that Mr. Green did it with a revolver in the library. No doubt my old ears only detected the scream but failed to pick up the gunshot ringing through the hallways. But, no. It couldn't be good old Mr. Green. I decided to keep looking.
Over in the kitchen I could hear Colonel Mustard still ranting on about he must have been the one responsible, except that now he had the notion that he had used a knife and had peformed the deed in the kitchen. Having had enough of this, I marched into the kitchen and had a stern talk with him. In the end I convinced him that he had not done any such thing and that he should get back to searching for the real criminal.
Then, with a burst of speed and energy, I flew out the door and towards the Billiard room.
Wait a minute! Coming to a stop I listened hard to what the colonel was saying in the kitchen. Inconceivable! The fiend was now accusing me of the murder! I made a quick U-turn and returned to the kitchen. After a heated debate, I convinced him that I could not have used a rope, as he claimed.
However, I had only finished taking a deep breath after my hard won victory when the jerk started insisting I had done it with a lead pipe! Another heated debate followed but I managed to convince him that I could not have used a lead pipe. Finally, I made my way once again to the billiard room, but ran past the door in my haste and was delayed in getting there.
Sir-Edward: (I was colonel mustard) smiley-razz
Sir-William: As I prepared to enter the Billiard room, however, I heard the good colonel's voice down the hallway shouting out accusations. Could I be hearing this right? He seemed to still be convinced that I had commited the felony, except now he was saying that I had used a candlestick, and had done it in my own study!
If I had been younger I would have been tempted to charge into the room and lift him bodily off the floor, but I thought better of it. Instead, I chose to just leave him be and he would likely change his mind in a couple of minutes. I tried to make it through the billiard room door, but my eyesight must be failing for I slammed into the wall on either side of the door several times while attempting to enter the room. In the end, I simply decided to enter the Conservatory instead, which was adjacent to the Billiard room.
After glancing around the room, I decided on a good hypothesis. Mrs White, the cook, probably killed the poor man from behind with a wrench. However, I soon discarded this theory after thinking it through some more.
I smiled wryly to myself as I heard Colonel Mustard's voice down the hall shouting out for all to hear that I had performed the dasterdly deed, except, sure enough, he now said I had used a wrench. Throwing my hands up in the air, I continued my quest for the truth and left him to figure it out on his own.
I had figured out by now who it was that had done it, but I needed more evidence first to convince the others. The murderer must have either used a knife or a revolver. However the room that the event had taken place in was still a mystery to me. I decided to stay put in the conservatory a little bit longer while I puzzled this all out.
And then down the hallway, but still from the direction of my study, I heard the brave colonel accusing Mrs Peacock of the crime. It looked like he had finally given up on me.
I had seen what I needed to. There was no doubt in my mind that Mrs Peacock had done it in the conservatory with a knife. Tuning my ear in to the hearty colonels channel I deduced that he had come to the same conclusion.
Together we rounded up everyone in the mansion, and marched steadfastly towards Mrs Peackocks room. When we confronted her with the evidence, she was forced to confess.
"Why did you do it?" I questioned her in confusion.
"I never liked him much," she replied.
THE END
always narnian: *cheers*
SehsisResdreamer: what cruelty could fill a heart to make her commit the most heinous of crimes for such petty reasons
always narnian: I very much liked the accusations colonel Mustard was making against himself
Tenethia: O, William, I would caution you against such cliché expressions such as "as fast as my legs could carry me."
Sir-William: Very, interesting, O Tisroc(May you live forever) But why?
Tenethia: Otherwise it was pleasing to Our ears.
Sir-William: Good
Sir-William: I am fearful for those of you who may have not played the game that you will not be fully able to appreciate its complexity
Tenethia: Hast not one of the poets said "cliché expressions are like fingernails on a chalkboard"? (probably not, but I'm not being /too/ serious with the Tisroc or the poets at this point.)
Tenethia: There are, O William, simply more devious ways to say what you wish.
SehsisResdreamer: cluedo is a game i am rather familiar with, you need not fear that I do not know that of which you speak
always narnian: (I think it very sound judgment, o Tenethia)
Sir-William: Your great wisdom enlightens me
Sir-William: And Sehsis, my heart is gladdened by your words
Tenethia: *does not say that he has no idea how to play this game, because he is the Tisroc, and knows everything already*
always narnian: *Knows the Tisroc must not be fond of board games*
Sir-William: True, but he surely knows of them
always narnian: Eh-heh
Sir-William: he/she knows of them

Edward Shares:

Tenethia: *glances at the time and sighs impatiently*
Tenethia: It would be prudent to move on.
Sir-William: Such things are unfortunate, but as the Tisroc was saying, are you ready, Ed?
Tenethia: (Yo, Ed, you can totally go next!)
Sir-William: LOL
always narnian: yo????
Sir-William: Yo, I mean yes, he can go, O Tisroc
Tenethia: you forgot say "may he live forever"
Sir-Edward: right
always narnian: The Tisroc has surely picked up some modern lingo.
Sir-Edward: uuuuuuuuh
Sir-William: May you liver forever
Tenethia: OH EVERLIVING TISROC
Sir-Edward: LOL
Sir-William: *busts up*
always narnian: Yes the everliving Tisroc *bows*
Tenethia: I don't want to liver forever. I HATE liver.
Sir-William: LOL, hahahaha
Sir-Edward: LOLOLOLLOLOLOLLLLLOOOLOLOL
Sir-William: O Tisroc, Twas the fault of my tongue
Sir-William: That is a good and honorable pursuit!
Sir-William: The poets agree
Sir-Edward: tongue = keyboard
Tenethia: *stares at William, returning to character*
Sir-Edward: ok! Right! uuuuuhhh
Tenethia: This is certain, O my brother.
Sir-William: Be steadfast, O Edward
Sir-Edward: uuuuuuum (and my you live forever)
Sir-William: Story?
Sir-William: May it come forth with Eloquence
Sir-Edward: last time it ended with
Sir-Edward: "Good." the general said drawing himself up and walking over to his tactics table. "let's get to work."
always narnian: Indeed, just as the propehts would write.
Sir-William: Well spoken*shuts up and listens*
Sir-Edward: continuing from that....
Sir-William: The poets would disagree... ; )
Sir-Edward: well into the night the four discussed battle plans and tactics that would use every asset available to them, mainly Gevir. they deliberated on the best possible way the use Gevir's talents. however,Yerik, Besk, Liten,and stål having no military experience of their own, could only give advise on the subject of Gevir, after that subject had passed, they left the tent to make way for Genera's Tactical officers. the spies and messengers had come in with news just and hour earlier. the Berserkera were moving. they would be at Bakke by the following night. A feeling of dread hung over the four figures that departed the tent that night. " We had better get started with the plan." Besk stated, and the others nodded their agreement. "we only have tomorrow and then the Berserkera come knocking at our door." concurred stål. indeed, preparations were already in motion. soldiers and local volunteers were rushing to and fro setting up barricades and defenses for the coming battle. sharpened stakes were being stuck into the soil on the side of the hill and small windowed barricades were being set up for archers to shoot from,and take cover behind. Watching all this now from his tent, Yerik felt slightly more reassured. Very slightly. settling back on his sleeping mat, he spent a fitful few minutes attempting to get to sleep, but finally fell into a peaceful slumber.the next morning he woke up to the suns rays piercing his tent and splashing him with bright yellow light. he yawned and emerged from his tent to see Besk and Liten doing the same. stål was already up and had brought rations back for the three. "eat up" he said, nodding to the steaming food, "we'll need it" "Running headlong for the food, Liten raced Besk to be the first to tuck into a hot meal. "just before we start charging into the Berserkera single-handed," said Besk, smirking around a mouthful of food, "we should take stock of our armor and weapons." "good idea Besk" Agreed Yerik,
"well," said stål, "I've got a small chain-mail halberk,a leather breastplate, and, of course, my war hammer." Yerik stared at the huge weapon now in stål's hands. "were did you get that?" he asked in astonishment. "made it." stål replied simply, "I am a Blacksmith after all." "Oh." Yerik said, realizing.
"how about you besk?" Yerik asked turning, "well I've got some bits of leather armor I've gathered, and my weapons are two daggers that I hold in each hand." She looked back at Yerik. "so how about you?" Yerik held up his weapon for the three friends to scrutinize. "A..shovel?" Liten asked with an expression somewhere between puzzlement and amusement. Yerik looked indignant."It may not be a particularly formidable looking weapon, but I slew a troll with it." the three stared at him and his shovel as if they had just fallen out of the sky. "You..slew a troll?" pried stål, "how did you manage that?" Yerik chuckled to himself. " It ran into the shovel blade." Besk smirked. "well let's hope the Berserkera make the same mistake."
Lil: *cheers for shovels as weapons*
Sir-Edward: Yerik laughed."So what does Liten use?" he asked, stål pointed with his thumb over his shoulder at the still-eating Pixie. "he won't say." he replied simply, "he always says," here stål put on a high squeaky voice. "you'll see! you'll see!" He shook his head, "most likely he just has some rusty chain or kitchen knife and just want's us to believe it's Gold." the Pixie looked indigent but kept his mouth shut. "Well," Besk said with finality, "I Don't know about you, but If I'm going to face a hundred Berserkera, I wan't to be prepared." She looked at the three figures in front of her. "so who's coming with me to practice?" A chorus of ayes greeted her ears and It was not long before the four friends were hard at work, practicing with their weapons in hopes of surviving the coming night.
Tenethia: *one side of mouth pulls up in a half-smile, slightly amused* (but still, Tisrocly, largely unimpressed)
Sir-Edward: that night came sooner then they all hoped. much to soon. the darkness seemed to seep into the camp as if it were something solid. the cold night air sent chills through Yerik's body and he huddled down close to the brazer fire lit at the top defenses of hill. Besk, Liten,and stål stood shivering next to him, the fright apparent in their faces as they waited for the enemy to come. Every sound, every shadow seemed to jump to life and threaten to attack them."at least it isn't raining" Liten whispered encouragingly. "Yet." stål muttered back. "I hate all this waiting." groaned Besk, "I wish the Berserkera would just make up their minds." "shh!" said Yerik urgently and pointed, "I see a light!" and he wasn't the only one, the Soldiers on watch began to sound out an alarm and General Lade gave the signal for the archers to take their positions. more lights began to appear. torches. the flames flickered and burned through the thick black night like sun rays through heavy fog. Yerik swallowed. he had never seen so many Warriors in his life.he had imagined Berserkera to be basically large, brutish men, but the things he saw looked almost animal-like. bearskins were bound around their chests and came over shoulders to cover their faces. a pale red light seemed to emanate from under the leering bear head. in their hands, they bore spiked war Axes, and a few of them pushed large catapults.
the hoard moved slowly towards the army encamped Bakke hill. a terrible silence fell over all. then a sound arose form the Berserkera hoard. It wasn't a battle cry. just a loud bestial, inhuman howl. then, all at once, the Berserkera charged. Running headlong toward the makeshift fort on the hill. General Lade Called his Archers to the ready. "Don't shoot till I give the Signal lads!" the General Yelled. The approaching army was nearing the archer's range, "Almost.." cautioned Lade, "not yet.." The Berserkera Charged toward the hill. closer. ever closer. "Fire!" Shouted Lade. a hundred arrows flew into the cold night air, and with that, the battle of Bakke hill Began. many went down under the flood of arrows, but it seemed that with every one Berserkera that fell, two more took Their place. the horde's speed started to slow as they reached the base of the steep hill. "Fire at will!" yelled General Lade again. more arrows flew, more Berserkera fell. but the charging Warriors kept coming.
"Pikemen Advance!" Lade bellowed. A long line of Soldiers With long spear-like poles advanced to the front of the Battle line and lowered their Pikes toward the oncoming Force of Berserkera. Watching this from a side angle, Yerik saw that behind the main mass of Warriors, Catapults were being set up and aimed. he hoped fervently that non of the Berserkera working down there would take notice the odd-looking twisted, leafless tree that stood in the middle of the enemy force. he held tight to his shovel, and watched with bated breath as the two armies clashed in a massive explosion of noise. the pikemen held the line for a surprisingly long time, but soon even they could not hold back the Berserkera Worrier's sheer volume and savage ferocity. even as the first rank fell, General Lade was shouting orders for the second and third rank to advance to check the enemy onslaught.
Yerik swallowed hard. he was five ranks back. If the Berserkera broke through the ranks in front of him, he, and his three friends would have to face them. It was then that the first catapult projectile came flying weakly over their heads, just barely arching over the hill's crest. the large, heavy sphere plopped into the soft soil behind them. "Let's hope their aim doesn't improve!" Besk Yelled over the din. just then, Yerik herd his name being called. he cast his eyes about, searching for who it was. "Yerik!" the cry came again. It was the General! " now's the time lad!" Lade shouted. Yerik Nodded, then putting his fingers to his mouth, he gave a sharp,Piercing Whistle that rent the night air. for one long, terrible moment nothing happened. then the ground around gnarled tree in the center of the Berserkera's ranks seemed to erupt and froth. dirt and scree flew everywhere and for a moment, the Berserkera halted to asses this new threat. seeming to rise straight out of the earth Itself,(which, in fact, he did,)Gevir charged forward toward the Forces at Bakke hill,bellowing his hollow cry to the night sky.
Tenethia: *tosses aside all Tisrocness for a few moments to cheer!*
Sir-William: *draws sword and raises it into the sky*
Sir-Edward: Yerik watched and hoped nothing would befall the huge beast. wailing madly, massive antler lowered, Gevir plowed through the ranks of Bersarkera like water through sand. his onslaught however was cut short when half way through the Berserkera ranks, A huge warrior lunged just below Gevir's Antler and sliced one of his legs. Gevir cried out in pain and kicked the Warrior away in a heap and pushed on. trampling madly over Warrior upon Warrior. Finally with his last remaining strength, Gevir crested the hill and fell in a heap at Yerik's feet. horrified, Yerik called Besk, Liten, and stål to act as a "Third leg" to help Gevir well behind the battle lines. after cleaning and bandaging his leg, the four headed back toward the sounds of battle still ringing through the night air. as Yerik ran back with his four friends in tow, a movement caught his eye. one of the large catapult projectiles lay on the ground. it seemed to sway and roll ever so slightly back and forth. " you go on" Yerik motioned to his friends behind him. "I've got check something out." nodding in assent, the three figures continued on passed him. "We'll wait for you there." Besk shouted back to him over the noise.
walking cautiously over to the Projectile, Yerik examined it. It didn't seem to be made of stone, but rather some form of wood with a iron frame. Looking beyond it, he saw that there were more that one. at least thirty lay on the grass just behind the battle line. "they can't be that bad of shots" he mumbled to himself. he lightly knocked on one of the curved wooden boards that made up the strange object. from the place were he knocked, an Axe blade suddenly burst through! Yerik yelled and lurched back as a Berserkera Warrior came crashing through the wooden cage! raising his war axe in the air, he let out a horrifying unearthly scream, and as if in answer, the twenty other cages exploded in a shower of boards and splinters. Yerik thought fast. grabbing a fistful of dirt, he flung it at the worrier, then dashing off, he Ran straight towards the crest of the hill where the two armies still fought or domination. "General!" Yerik Yelled, General Lade was now giving orders for the fifth and sixth ranks to advance on the Berserkera warriors. the previous ranks had fallen. turning to address Yerik, the General Bellowed, "What is it lad? I'm I bit busy!" pointing frantically back were he came, Yerik shouted back. "General, the catapult projectiles were cages for the Berserkera! there are at least thirty warriors behind our lines!" Lade's eyes went wide with Horror. "seventh rank about face!" He bellowed, "We've got enemies behind us!"
Yerik,Besk, Liten,and stål were all in the seventh rank. drawing out their odd assortment of weaponry, they stood their ground and prepared to repel the attack. "now would be a good time to use that secret weapon of yours Liten" Besk urged."not to worry." the pixie replied mischievously. "I have just the thing." looking ahead, Yerik saw a line of Berserkera in front of him. one long moment passed, then The warriors charged. suddenly, one of them fell, then another.by the time the warriors reached the seventh rank of General's Army, six more of the Berserkera had fallen. "whats going on?" Besk shouted, Liten laughed, "I'm going on!" It was then that Yerik noticed the small blowgun in Liten's hand. twenty-nine enemy Warriors now remained and the seventh rank held the surprise attack enough with few losses. however their victory was cut short by General Lade's cry. "Retreat! fall back to steinmur!" Yerik turned to see that the fifth rank had fallen and a rapidly breaking sixth rank was all that was left. "Fall back!" boomed the General's voice again. with that,Yerik, Besk, Liten,and stål fled along with the remaining stragglers of what was left of the army.
Liten fired an odd-looking dart with a large cylinder attached to it. flying into the ranks of pursing Berserkera, it hit the ground just in front of the first rank. there was a flash and a sudden flood of smoke engulfed them. "That should conceal us long enough to get some ground!" yelled Liten, Running as fast as his little legs could carry him. "were are we going now? asked Yerik, "steinmur!" Shouted Besk, "The king's castle!" How far away is that? Yelled stål, "About twenty miles!" Replied Besk Breathlessly. "Twenty miles?" Yelled Liten, "we have to stay ahead of a Berserkera army for twenty miles?"
"Yes Liten!" Besk Shouted back, "But as long as we can keep them at a distance, we have a chance!" the four figures bolted away to were Gevir lay nursing his leg. "Gevir!" Yerik Yelled. Gevir's ears perked up at the sound of his name and he turned his head to look over at the four bedraggled figures running towards him. "Can you walk on that leg?" Yerik asked, Gevir answered by standing up and giving a short howl."then let's go!" stål urged, pushing the four in front of him. We might have lost this battle, but I want be be around long enough to win the second!"
THE END
Sir-William: Wow, very good, Ed
Sir-William: The poets would agree with me
Tenethia: *keeps the Tisroc at bay for a few minutes* GACK, ED, YOU'RE SO GOOD AT SUSPENSE
Sir-Edward: thankyou smiley-lol
sofia princess: very great
Tenethia: I happen to love the line "I'm going on!" I want to know how those cages are built though. How much padding is in them? O.o that would be enough to kill somebody, if there wasn't appropriate cushioning
Sir-Edward: well to be fair, what might kill a human might not kill a Berserkera.
Sir-William: Ed and I had much counsel on the subject, O Tisroc, but one thing we decided on was that since they weren't human, that helped :P
Sir-Edward: indeed smiley-lol
Tenethia: I want them on my side. That's really convenient.

Sofia Shares

sofia princess: a young egyptian princess sat in her chambers, looking out a window up at the sky, then let her dark eyes look over to where a large black cat laid on her bed. The Cat noticed the princess looking over at her.
the Cat slowly got up and made her way over to the pre-teen princess. "Is something wrong?" The princess stroked her feline companion, then her eyes went down, rather sadly. "Waht is it?" the cat asked
The girl sighed, "I know you're growing old.. I've cared for you ever since you were just a new born kitten.." The cat listened and nodded, knowing how much care and love the princess had given her over the years
the princess continued, "you are reaching the age that cats usually don't live past. If you leave.. I.. I don't know what I'll do without you.. You were my longs and greaebs friend.." "Why would you worry about my leaving you, princess?" the cat asked
"because I just am.. It's something I've worried about now that you're reaching what might be your last year.." the princess looked at her friend, then down at the desert sand. The cat cuddled up next to the princess' bare arm.. "Let me tell you something.. Look up at the stars.."
the girl did as the cat asked. "Do you remember that tale that your grandma told you about what happens when someone leaves their life behind?" "Yes, she told me that the souls of the departed become stars.."
"Do you believe that?" the cat asked. "I don't know.." "Well, I do.." the princess looked at her friend's golden eyes, "Princess, I've always been here for you, and I will continue to do so.. even if I leave my physical life behind."
the princess listened, taking in every word. "Just remember that. I'll find a way to be your star.. I'll shine above you where ever you are.. You'll never loose me.." the princess smiled and embraced her furry friend lovingly. "and we it's my time to go, I'll join you in the heavens." the cat purred contently and said, "and I'll be waiting for you.." THE END
SehsisResdreamer: Nyaw cute
Tenethia: That's cute : )
narniagirl11: Awwwww Cute story smiley
Tenethia: Have you ever thought about giving the Cat a... Cattish speech? smiley-razz
sofia princess: thanks smiley-lol
sofia princess: no..
Tenethia: I mean, I always immmmaginnne caaaats talk sorrrrrt of slowww and purrrrrrrrrry
Tenethia: It's something to consider. *shrugs* not necessary, but sometimes fun smiley
sofia princess: lol.. I see what ya mean.. Okay, I'll try that next time
sofia princess: yeah

Narniagirl11 Shares:

narniagirl11: Tenny, I have something
Sir-Edward: then pray, let us hear it!
Tenethia: Then by all means, share!
Narniagirl11: I just wrote it tonight, so it's not edited at all smiley-razz
narniagirl11: Okay, here goes:
narniagirl11: It was less than a second, maybe half a second, but it changed everything. My perfect day was ruined as soon as I caught flashing glimpses of it between the rushing transportation.
“Stop the cab!” I shouted. I forced open the door and scrambled out before the taxi had even come to a complete stop. There, in front of me, written across the intersection, were three simple words.
YOU ARE FORGOTTEN.
My knees trembled as I tried to understand what these words could possibly mean. The cab driver leaned out his window. “Tough luck, kid.”
“But…I don’t understand,” I protested.
He shook his head. “It happens to the best of us.” I just stared at him, dumbfounded. “Get in the car,” he instructed. “I’ll drop you off at the Elapse Office.”
Hesitantly, I crawled into my seat. None of this was making sense. What was going on? Why did my driver act like this was normal, like it was to be expected eventually? I dug in my backpack, searching for my worn copy of the Tuition Manual. I pulled it out and flipped through the dog-eared pages until I located the emergency section. I scanned the paragraphs frantically, searching for a mention of the Elapse Office.
There.
It all made sense now. Crazy though it may seem, our entire world thrived between the pages of thousands of books. To be forgotten is the worst fate I could receive. To be forgotten implied that I would live on the outskirts of my world, never allowed to enter, unless by some miracle I was remembered again.
I panicked.
This couldn’t be happening to me. My story was only two years old. Surely, I couldn’t be forgotten already! But those three words were branded into my mind forever. Usually characters discovered their fate in newspapers, or printed on signs, or painted on fences. But mine had been painted right to the very pavement.
My cab driver finally broke the prevailing silence. “You okay, kid?”
“No,” I answered. “Definitely not okay.”
The driver glanced around nervously, checking all the mirrors. “Look, it doesn’t have to end like this.”
“What do you mean?”
His eyes shifted from the road to the rear view mirror. “I could get in serious trouble for this,” he muttered.
“Just-please? I’d give anything for a second chance,” I pleaded.
He sighed. “I don’t know, kid. But I’ve heard that there is a way to enter the real world, to help readers remember your story.”
“What?!” I gasped.
“Not so loud,” he cautioned. His eyes were still frantically darting from mirror to road to mirror again. “I don’t know if it’s true. I’ve just heard some people at the border check-point talking.”
This was crazy. Why was I even listening to this guy? But something in me wasn’t ready to simply give up and fade into non-existence. I wanted to fight. I wanted to live.
Sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Twenty seconds of foolish bravery.
“Turn left,” I commanded. “I need to get to the border.”
I was insane. It was simple as that. A flawed and dangerous plan began to form itself in my mind. One thing was clear though, I was going to travel to the outside world to convince someone, anyone, that my story was worth remembering.
Aaaaand, that's it so far.
sofia princess: cool
Tenethia: O.O
Tenethia: that is so COOL, Arna!
Sir-Edward: awesome!
Narniagirl11: I wanted to write a story for our student paper at my homeschool group, and that's what I started working on tonight
Tenethia: They're going to love it *nods seriously*
Sir-William: That was so cool, NG, but I honestly couldn't figure it out, heh
narniagirl11: It's from a writing prompt that said "Imagine if your favorite character showed up at your front door?"
Tenethia: I think I'm going to wait on constructive criticism until we see the whole thing smiley
narniagirl11: I really have no idea where it is going. I just wrote it. smiley-razz
Sir-Edward: its awesome just the same. smiley-razz
narniagirl11: Well, thank you smiley
Sir-William: It sounded good, even if I didn't get it
Sir-William: It actually gave me an excited feeling when I read it
narniagirl11: That's cool, Will
Sir-Edward: me to!
Sir-William: Thanks, Tenny
narniagirl11: Yeah, I want to explain the setting better, but I have to figure it out first
narniagirl11: so then hopefully it would make more sense to you, Will
Tenethia: *understands that* smiley-razz

WRITER'S GROUP IS DISMISSED
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^

Return to “Writer's Official Logs”