May 16th -- Writer's Group

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose, Lil

Tenethia
Site Admin

May 16th -- Writer's Group

Post by Tenethia » Tue May 19, 2015 11:55 pm

Those who shared were Ariel.of.Narnia, Sir-Edward, Sir-William, and Tenethia Brandybuck ~
Thank you, Nia, for faithfully editing my logs every week.

Writer's Group opens ~

Tenethia Brandybuck: WILLIAM AND EDWARD
Tenethia Brandybuck: YOU ARE THREE MINUTES LATE.
Sir-William: Lol
Gypsevedius: O.O SHAME
Tenethia Brandybuck: Shame shame!
Tenethia Brandybuck: I thought better of you!
Tenethia Brandybuck: smiley-razz
Gypsevedius: *hugtackles Will*
Tenethia Brandybuck: *marks it down* next time you see William, ask him to hugtackle random people in public. He will do it.
Sir-William: LOL
Gypsevedius: O.O
Gypsevedius: Remind me to stay out of Will's way IRL, if so.
Ariel.of.Narnia: smiley-razz
Gypsevedius: *SUDDENLY SCREAMS*
Gypsevedius: *flies up to the chandelier*
Ariel.of.Narnia: * is busy trying to write a prompt*
Sir-Edward: *rides in on epic white-and-black-and-red-and-a-slightly-off-cyan-colored horse!!*
Gypsevedius: o.O
Tenethia Brandybuck: Hey, I haven't said go yet.
Gypsevedius: *runs the opposite direction*
Tenethia Brandybuck: Ok, we're doing a writing challenge
Gypsevedius: *sits on the chandelier in the corner, and pulls hood over eyes*
Tenethia Brandybuck: You boy can write something about a shark attack.
Tenethia Brandybuck: *boyz
Gypsevedius: XD
Sir-William: So Ed and I are writing about a shark attack?
Sir-Edward: Right...uhhh...*thinks quickly*
Tenethia Brandybuck: Yup
Tenethia Brandybuck: Starting at 5:45 you have fifteen minutes
Sir-Edward: It's 8:40 here
Gypsevedius: o.o
Sir-Edward: Oops! Sorry! I meant 8:41
Sir-William: lol
Gypsevedius: Haha
Sir-William: My deepest apologies as well for the grave inaccuracy that makes a world of difference
Sir-Edward: LOL
Tenethia Brandybuck: ON YOUR MARK
Tenethia Brandybuck: ♫ I'LL MAKE A SCRIBE OUT OF YOUUUUUUUUUUU
Tenethia Brandybuck: GET SET
Ariel.of.Narnia: smiley-lol
Ariel.of.Narnia: Btw, Tenny, I had gotten distracted, so... extension. ;)
Tenethia Brandybuck: GO
Eerie silence
Tenethia Brandybuck: I am getting SO far
More eerie silence…
Tenethia Brandybuck: And stop
Sir-William: Drat, oh well
Tenethia Brandybuck: I'll go first!
Tenethia Brandybuck: Once upon a time, there lived a giraffe.
Tenethia Brandybuck: It lived.
Tenethia Brandybuck: It kept living.
Tenethia Brandybuck: It was still living... and then the Writer's Group Challenge ended.
Sir-William: LOL
Sir-William: haha
Tenethia Brandybuck: The end.
Tenethia Brandybuck: Yeah, I wrote like -25 words on my actual story
Ariel.of.Narnia:... wow
Ariel.of.Narnia: Haha
Sir-William: My turn?
Tenethia Brandybuck: Sure

Sir-William shares ~

Sir-William:The brave, fearless, and noble knight fled for his life as a dragon sped after him at great speeds. There was no hope but the knight was hoping that he could get away from his foe within the safety of his castle.
He leaped over tree stumps,
And over large humps;
He beat on brass pans,
And old cranberry cans;
He polished his armor,
And had it heat treated,
But before very long,
His strength was depleted;
Fleeing towards the gate of his castle, he took whipped out his RCCGEOD (Remote Controlled Castle Gate Electronic Opening Device) and keyed it on. Seizing his sword he rushed through the castle gate, and keyed it to close. The door slammed shut on the dragon's neck and the night had scored yet another kill! Waiving his useless sword around in triumph, he hollered out his triumph to the wind.
But now it was time for something else. He had his mind set on an underwater creature. Jumping in his boat and he sailed across the lake until he ran it aground on the ocean waves. However, this was no problem for him, because he simple multiplied the boat by the reciprocal of its self and set sail on the clear ocean waters. Suddenly a shark attacked!

Sir-William: The End.
Ariel.of.Narnia: *is not even going to try to make sense of the boat*
Sir-William: Haha
Sir-William: By the way, Ed and I wrote up these jokes, see
Sir-William: Sailors jokes
Sir-William: Wanna hear em' ?
Tenethia Brandybuck: Yes
Sir-William: Ok, right, now imagine a captain shouting these out, ok?
Sir-William: #1. For a Sail boat.
Hoist the main mainsail, throw the tiller overboard, drop the anchor!
Set full sails, burn the life boats, sever the bilge pumps, and fire all cannons!
#2. For a steam boat.
Throw a wrench in the water wheel, toss the coal overboard, clean the active boiler, go hire some sailors, and the ship's bell looks better on the quarter deck!
For an aircraft carrier
Launch the fighters, close off the runway, capsize this ship, and build a tree house in the radar dish!For a raft.
Keep paddling, prepare to eat, keep paddling, and prepare to keep paddling!
Extra: A person asks a friend if a particular batch of fruit drinks will give him food poisoning. His friend replies, "Nah, I drank some of it, and aside from feeling really sick, I felt fine."

Tenethia Brandybuck: XD
Sir-William: I can tell that you're all very busy finishing up your stories for last minute posting ;)
Tenethia Brandybuck: I... am not writing
Ariel.of.Narnia: I am.
Sir-Edward: Riiiight
Ariel.of.Narnia: What?!
Ariel.of.Narnia: Alberta Scrubb is... new to me.
Ariel.of.Narnia: Talk amongst yourselves.
Sir-William: *looks grave* For 40 years I sat on the bench
Sir-William: *talking amongst myself*
Ariel.of.Narnia: *feels like that could easily be an interesting first line of a story*
Tenethia Brandybuck: Right
Tenethia Brandybuck: Will, Ed, Me
Tenethia Brandybuck: Ten minutes
Tenethia Brandybuck: Right a story starting with that line from William
Sir-Edward: Wait, what? 0.o
Sir-William: LOL, ok
Tenethia Brandybuck: But AFTER I switch the laundry
Tenethia Brandybuck: brb
Sir-Edward: What about my other story?
Sir-Edward: The shark one
Ariel.of.Narnia: Go ahead, Ed.
Sir-Edward: Oh, right, here we go!

Sir-Edward shares ~

Sir-Edward: Henry's eye's darted about frantically, the dark shape just beneath his small boat seemed to fade in and out of sight constantly, sweat started to bead on his brow and he gripped the long Dijja Harpoon tighter in his hand. Suddenly the shape circling around his small boat disappeared entirely from view. Something that, despite it's appearance, terrified Henry even more, if Henry knew anything about thagoss sharks, it was that when they dived down below a ship, It was not because they were leaving. It was because when a thagoss wanted to ram your ship, he needed to have a little running start. Henry braced himself against the side of the boat and held on as hard as he could. Not a moment later the massive shark's body came crashing up through the sea, breaching the blue waves and sending Henry's small craft sailing up ten feet into the air. The impact almost made Henry black out, but he doggedly staggered to his feet and recovered the harpoon he had lost in the attack. it was then that he noticed the water. Rushing water. His small boat was flooding quickly and as Henry looked up, he saw the telltale fin of the Thagoss once again carving through the waves towards him. Mustering up the last of his courage, Henry tightened his grip on the Harpoon and waited for the Shark to come and meet its end.
Tenethia Brandybuck: Oooooooooooooh
Ariel.of.Narnia: *gulp*
Sir-Edward: The end
Tenethia Brandybuck: WHAT?
Tenethia Brandybuck: Ok, fine
Sir-Edward: MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
Tenethia Brandybuck: That's REALLY great, Edward
Sir-Edward: Sorry, I ran out of time.
Gypsevedius: *screams and hides in cloak*
Tenethia Brandybuck: Alright, new prompt
Tenethia Brandybuck: smiley
Sir-William: 6:12 pm 16th May *looks grave* For 40 years I sat on the bench
Sir-Edward: Ah! What?!
Sir-William: This is gonna be good
Sir-Edward: What about the other-other one?
Sir-William: Haha
Tenethia Brandybuck: In two minutes, we'll start
Tenethia Brandybuck: And go to 6:30
Sir-Edward: It's 9:17 here
Sir-William: Whatever
Sir-Edward: lol
Sir-William: Some jokes just aren't meant to be repeated ;)
Sir-Edward: It wasn't a joke
Sir-Edward: It's a fact
Gypsevedius: XD
Sir-William : A jokingly stateded fact. I could have flown to the moon, founded a nation, and said boo! during that time.
Tenethia Brandybuck: And GO
Ariel.of.Narnia: Ha
Ariel.of.Narnia: I'm gonna give Alberta a heart attack...
Tenethia Brandybuck: Ooooh
Tenethia Brandybuck: Good idea
Ariel.of.Narnia: I'd almost pity her, but...
Tenethia Brandybuck: Go five more minutes.
Sir-William: Haha, no argument here
Ariel.of.Narnia: Heeheehee, I'm enjoying Alberta's shock...
Sir-William: 8 minutes later...
Sir-William: Well I'm shopping there, but anyone else can keep writing
Tenethia Brandybuck: Shhhhhhhhhh
Gypsevedius: smiley-razz
Sir-William: :P
Sir-William: I can't make heads or tails of what I wrote
Tenethia Brandybuck: I can't either
Tenethia Brandybuck: Since I can't see it
Tenethia Brandybuck: And stop
Tenethia Brandybuck: I can share? I can share?
Tenethia Brandybuck: I wrote the WHOLE story!
Ariel.of.Narnia: @Will: lol @Tenny: Shoot
Tenethia Brandybuck: Yay!
Tenethia Brandybuck: *is nervous*

Tenethia Brandybuck shares ~

Tenethia Brandybuck: For 40 years I sat on the bench. Forty years I stood on the sidelines. It wasn't because I wasn't ever put into the game, either. It was because every time there was an opportunity, I said no. I wanted to play, I really did. But it was frightening, all those people that would be watching me, looking up to me, expecting things from me. Could I really handle it?
I thought I would never be a pastor. I thought I would always be standing off on the side, there to fill in if I was needed, but never alone to fill the responsibility on my own. I knew I was called. I'd always known it. But every time I was offered a flock to feed, I said no. But the Coach kept calling me out to the field. "Come out and play this time, Jonah!" It was a Sunday afternoon when it happened. We had just finished a wonderful morning service, and most of the congregation had left. I was about to leave myself when the pastor waved me over to where he was standing, talking to a visitor.
went over to them, and the pastor introduced him to me as Randall James. "Brother Randall came this morning especially to meet you, Jonah. He's the new deacon over WHC. Their pastor is about to retire, and they have been searching for a pastor." He turned to Randall expectantly.
Randall picked it up. "One of the senior members of the church suggested we ask you if you would like to pastor us. There was discussion, and most of them said you'd refused the church at least three times in the past thirty years and you weren't likely to say yes now, but in the end it was decided we should ask you one more time. Would you like to be the pastor at WHC?"
I was stunned. I looked from Brother James to our pastor and back again. "I'll... have to pray about it," I responded. It was several days time. I wrestled with it. All the responsibility! I couldn't possibly handle it! With me, all things are possible, I was told. But that didn't stop me from fearing. Fear not, for I am with thee to deliver thee. I could resist this no longer. It was time I left the bench

Tenethia Brandybuck: (brb)
Ariel.of.Narnia: Nice!!
Sir-William: Wow, very good
Sir-Edward: *APPLAUSE!!*
Ariel.of.Narnia: You're gonna post that in the writing threads, yes?
Tenethia Brandybuck: Um, I was thinking not
Sir-William: Unfortunately, mine is not nearly so moving. Funny enough it's actually just a bit...humorous

Sir-William shares ~

Sir-William: "Your honor?" the lawyer questioned the old gentleman in his black robes, "Which of the two people here do you suppose might be the guilty party? I'm personally a bit biased in my opinion for the one over there." The judge turned his head slowly to look at the lawyer. "Mr. Twang, here at the North Pole we have dolls that walk, talk, cry, and run a temperature. We don't need any chewing dolls."
"Yes, your honor," Mr. Twang replied, re-taking his seat.
The other lawyer stood up and raised a shaking hand, "E-e-e-e-exxxx-exx-eexcuse m-mm-eee your h-honor, b-but could some one turn d-down the air c-conditioning in t-this building?"
The judge turned his head slowly to face the other lawyer, a Mr. Law. "For 40 years I sat on the bench, Mr. Law, and no one has ever asked me that before."
Mr. Twang stood back up, "Actually, your honor, you've only been sitting there about 38 minutes."
The judges eyes pivoted slowly towards Mr. Twang. "And you wonder why we don't like you," he replied with only the hint of a smirk.
The accused suddenly started out of his seat. "Hey, that's my line, your honor!" The judge broke into a wide grin. "I know, Trumpkin, but I'm such a fan, and I just had to shove it in somewhere. After all, a judge should never be biased, but I personally think that Mr. Miraz here has very little grounds for his argument." here he raised his voice a bit. "So does anyone in the jury think that Trumpkin is guilty of being a Narnian because he's extinct?"
The jury responded greatly in favor of Trumpkin, so the judge asked Miraz why he wished to press these charges. Miraz shrugged and replied, "Just sayings all."

Sir-William: The end
Tenethia Brandybuck: Tenny must dash for now
Tenethia Brandybuck: Ariel's in charge
Sir-William: *waves* ok
Ariel.of.Narnia: *comes back* Whoa, what?
Sir-William: You became queen, Ariel, that's all *shrugs*
Ariel.of.Narnia: Haha, okay, hang on, let me read your piece...
Ariel.of.Narnia: "Guilty of being a Narnian because he's extinct"
Ariel.of.Narnia: Ed? You got something?
Sir-William: He's still writing, I guess
Gypsevedius: (@Eddie and Will: Arli says hi!)
Sir-Edward: Right! yes!
Sir-Edward: Ah! My computer is about to restart for updates!

Sir-Edward shares ~

Sir-Edward: "For forty years I've sat on the bench." stated Judge Murry water-vole, looking imperiously over his glasses to the motley assembly of rats, mice, voles, ferrets, moles, and badgers. "We know that sir" his assistant, briar field-mouse stated as he flipped through his list of various important duties. "There are two clients that wish to go to court over a dispute they had over dinner this morning Sir." "Do they indeed?" sighed Murry, "I suppose they must, but I really wish they wouldn't." "Uh..right, sir...um, should I let them in now?" "Very well Brier, show them in," breathed Murry. "This had better be good." Brier scurried to open the big, oaken double-doors that led into the waiting room of Ash-Wood Grove College Of Law And Order As Well As Local Court. Or AWGCOLAOAWALC for short. as soon as the small field-mouse had swung the big doors open, a thin, lankly ferret with a long coat and a strange looking floppy cap that kept sagging over his eyes came stomping to the courtroom, followed quickly by a small and rather odd squirrel looking creature called a sugar-glider, on account of their fondness for sweet things, though most beasts just called them "Hungry" the two creatures were arguing with each other and pointing and accusing one another of the most Haynes crimes imaginable. Clearing his throat, Murry caught the attention of the two miscreants at once. "It seems as if you two wish to go to court." grated Judge Murry with a scowl. The two figures in front of him stiffened a little and nodded. "Very well you two, this court will come to order, what are the accusations?" the two figures in front of the bench stared for a moment in silence then looked at each-other for a moment, finally the ferret stepped forward and scratched his head. "We sorta forgot your honor."
Sir-Edward: Goodbye! *ARGRGRGRGRGARGARRRGRAAALLAALALAAAAAAA* *gets sucked into forced restart*
Sir-William: *says hi back to Arli*
Sir-William: *and waves at a Lil*
Gypsevedius O.O Byee, Eddie!
Ariel.of.Narnia: lol
Sir-Edward: The end :)
Ariel.of.Narnia: Nicely done, Ed
Ariel.of.Narnia: ( Grk, that's why I didn't hear anything. My speakers decided to quit on me again)
Sir-William: Misery loves company :P
Ariel.of.Narnia: Well, my thing's finally done if anyone's interested in reading it
Sir-Edward: YES YES YES!!
Sir-William: He's back
Sir-William: So yes
Sir-William: Unless you want to save it for Tenny later
Ariel.of.Narnia: Nah, I'll just email it to her
Tenethia Brandybuck: You can send it in the form of a log
Tenethia Brandybuck: of Writer's Group
Ariel.of.Narnia: okay. No title yet, but it's a Tenny prompt
Tenethia Brandybuck: You know, the way I like it
Ariel.of.Narnia: @Tenny: I seem to remember you not wanting that
Ariel.of.Narnia: Anyway

Ariel.of.Narnia shares ~ (With a special appearance from Queen Susan's chess piece!)

Ariel.of.Narnia: Here we go
Ariel.of.Narnia: The only sound to break the silence was the clink of silver on three bowls. It wasn’t an uncommon ambience, but at the same time, there was something quite different about it. On the one hand, Alberta welcomed it. With her niece and nephew happily returned home as of a week ago, her home was in order again. But on the other hand, she hadn’t yet identified what it was that had taken their place. She had tried to ignore the missing piece of this puzzle, but the quiet was so unbearably loud. Indeed, in looking down at her hand, she saw that her spoonful of smiley-knight soup trembled. She took a deep breath and broke the silence.
Sir-Edward: !!
Ariel.of.Narnia: Uh... t-u-r-n-i-p soup
Ariel.of.Narnia: Guess I found the hidden word
Sir-Edward: New Susan's chess piece finder!!!
Ariel.of.Narnia: “You were awfully quiet today, Eustace Clarence. What were you doing up in your room all day?”
Eustace Clarence started a little, as if she had quite properly derailed a most steady train of thought, and looked at her. “Oh. I was… writing in my journal. And reading.”
“All day?” Alberta inquired.
Eustace Clarence stirred his soup a little. “Oh, yes, and thinking.”
Harold turned a page of his newspaper. “Looking forward to school, are we?”
Eustace Clarence didn’t respond at first. Just studied his soup and stirred it around. “No…,” he finally said. “I’m not looking forward to it.”
Alberta nearly choked. Normally, her boy would have make a face and spit out his disdain for the inferior persons among his schoolmates before stating that he was anxious to interact with his like-minded mates and achieve academic honours.
“That’s good. Very good,” Harold murmured.
Alberta turned to him, horrified, before realizing that he was clearly distracted by a news article. She set down her spoon and addressed her son again. “Why ever not, Eustace Clarence?”
Eustace Clarence swallowed another spoonful of his soup, an act that struck Alberta of a sudden: her boy hated smiley-knights. Perhaps it was the lack of his complaining that had made the previous silence so disturbing? But she forced herself to focus on him again when he opened his mouth to say, “This term will be very different, I think.”
Alberta was stunned. Not only was his answer entirely unlike him, but so was his very face. It was all too much. She felt a headache coming on and rubbed her temples in an attempt to stave it off. The silence returned, though for better or worse, she couldn’t tell.
“I miss Edmund and Lucy.”
Alberta’s eyes flew open. Neither his face nor his tone betrayed a joke. Rather, he continued to eat his soup as if he had never made such a shocking statement. Indeed, he drained his bowl as naturally as his tiresome cousins would have. Alberta let her eyelids flutter closed again. Her temples pounded under her shaking fingertips. Something was wrong with the boy. She just knew it. He’d been acting strangely for a couple weeks now, but she had assumed that he would return to normal after his dreadful cousins had left.
“I say!” Eustace Clarence’s alarmed voice suddenly broke through her thoughts. She opened her eyes again. He was leaning on the table, staring at her. “Are you ill?”
She forced a smile. “I’m alright, Eustace Clarence, dear. Just feeling headachy and a little shaky, that’s all.”
“That’s fine, dear,” Harold murmured at his newspaper.
Alberta ignored him. “Nothing a bit of Plumptree’s couldn’t cure.” She set her trembling hands on the table to help her stand up.
Eustace Clarence jumped up. “No, no, you sit, Mother; I’ll get it for you.” Her vision fairly spun along with him on his way to fetch the nerve food, Harolds spoon clattered loudly against the table, and it was all Alberta could do to suppress a cry.

Ariel.of.Narnia: El fin
Gypsevedius: That was...
Gypsevedius: Th-that was....
Gypsevedius: AMAZING
Ariel.of.Narnia: Thanks!
Sir-William: Wow, you know I'd always wished that C.S. Lewis had written in detail the events of Eustace's return after VDT, and now she has
Gypsevedius: You do the best Eustace writing ever.
Ariel.of.Narnia: @Gyps: I've only written him three times...
Ariel.of.Narnia: @Will: Did you just call me C.S. Lewis?
Gypsevedius: I've never read better ones, Ariel.
Ariel.of.Narnia: I'm flattered, Gyps
Gypsevedius: smiley-lol
Sir-William: I think I'm going to head out now, so who should I send the log to anyways?
Tenethia Brandybuck: MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ariel.of.Narnia: Tenny, I suppose.
Sir-William: Oh, lol, hi Tenny
Gypsevedius: Herumph. Byee, Will!
Sir-William: Bye Gypsy! Tenny, and Ariel! *waves*
Ariel.of.Narnia: Bye!
Ariel.of.Narnia: Writer’s group closed, then.

Writer's Group dismissed ~
Lady Tenethia, Moderator and Contributor
This is my favorite scripture passage ^.^

Return to “Writer's Official Logs”