Dear Father Christmas

Secret Santa, Elfings and maybe some other stuff
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Dear Father Christmas

Post by Lucy Took » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:55 am

Here is a place to post your wish lists. :)
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
jesusgirl4ever

Re: Dear Father Christmas

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:50 pm

Dear Father Christmas,

I've been a good girl, haven't I?

I'd really like sets of Narnia (fave characters Lucy, Jill, Peter, and Edmund), LotR (fave characters all the girls, the Fellowship, and Faramir), Hobbit (fave characters Tauriel, Galadriel, and the Company), Frozen, Tangled, Barbie, Disney Princesses (except Merida, Jasmine, and Tiana), Star Wars (fave characters Padmé, Rey, Leia, Jyn [all the girls again], Luke, Obi-Wan, Anakin...actually any of the good guys) or anything else your elves might think I'd enjoy.

Fics of those, especially long ones that are completed or updated regularly or good one-shots, would also be nice.

Narnia/LotR/Frozen/Star Wars music videos would also be great.

Anything to do with the Allon Books, that series I love so much, would be appreciated!

Baked good recipes, especially ones involving chocolate, would be great!

Also, crossovers of any of the above fandoms would be wonderful!

Thank you and your elves in advance!

*edit: Rogue One. Seriously, anything from Rogue One. Sets, music videos, fics, yeah, anything. I've seen it, so don't worry about spoiling it. :D
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:34 am

Dear Father Christmas,

I think I've been pretty good this year. ;)

I would enjoy sets, videos, links, memes, and anything related to these subjects:

Movies and/or books: Narnia (Puddleglum is my favorite), Lord of the Rings (Merry and anything Rohan), Hunger Games (Peeta, Finnick, and Haymitch), Tron:Legacy (Sam Flynn and Marv).
Music: Peter Hollens, Home Free, Piano Guys, Josh Turner, select Owl City, or anything similar to these that you think I'd enjoy.
Animals: Otters and Dogs
Colours: GREEN
Other general interests: Food, photography, Ireland, Norway, New Zealand

THANK YOU!!! :)
Last edited by ShiofNarnia on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
Lucy Took
Site Admin

Post by Lucy Took » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:06 am

Dear Father Christmas,

It's been a busy year but I like to think I've been rather good! Here are some ideas for Christmas presents,

My current fandoms/interests are Lord of the Rings (Hobbits and Faramir. I also consider Vana my patron Vala [There is a totally non-cult sounding backstory to that]. I enjoy Arwen and Eowyn sets because they're pretty.) , Once Upon a Time (Wonderland is my favorite), The Flash and Supergirl, Doctor Who, Fullmetal Alchemist (Xiao-Mei!), Poldark and Disney. My favorite Narnia character is Lucy, and I'm currently in a Silver Chair kind of mood. Puppies and pandas are the bomb. Favorite flowers are lilacs. Load up the Christmas stuff, I'm a sucker for it. Generic princess stuff. I'm kinda into knitting. Ice Cream=Life. Psalm 18 and 1 Thessalonians 5:16 are good places to start if you'd like to use Bible verses :) Tooky Pink. (OK, we used to have a chat where you could set a color for your text instead of an avatar. I made Kristi add that shade of pink for me. Tooky Pink.)

Sets are always lovely as despite having a BA in Graphic Design I can be super lazy when it comes to adorning my own profile (I've noticed this in Kristi too...). Fanfiction is good,though I rarely read more than oneshots anymore unless it's something really good that I'll download to my kindle and curl up with. Fan art is great. Hair tutorials are great (I have straight, slippery hair that reaches a couple inches past the sleeves on a basic short sleeve shirt. I wash it every other day and use minimal product if that helps you at all.)

I'd love a full time job in graphic design, social media managing or public relationships. With benefits. Preferably at a university or symphony, but I will settle for a publishing company or a design agency with a suitably cool atmosphere. ;)

Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards men.

~Your faithful servant,

Lucia Took
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:08 am

I usually try to be a good kid, but, what can I say? My mischievous side gets away with me. But I've done pretty well.

I would love sets, memes, videos, tutorials and anythingggg for any of the following:

Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit - Faramir, Eowyn, Pippin, Aragorn, and Fili

The Hunger Games- Finnick, Gale, Haymitch

Coffee and Latte Art

NARNIA (a given, right?)- Tirian, Edmund, Aslan, Rilian, and Puddleglum

Galaxies and Stars

Inspirational character pictures

Any neat "Armour," "Warrior," and "Bravery" quotes/Bible verses.

Beauty and the Beast

CLEAN HUMOR/ GEEK HUMOR

Mario :)

Pennywhistle and Mandolin helps

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Dear Father Christmas,

I am so dreadfully sorry about your getting stuck in the chimney again last year. You may just want to use the front door this time. I'll leave it unlocked.
Also, this year the Harfoot children know that you are not Gandalf, so they won't chase you begging for fireworks again.

I think I've been more or less good, and I want to assure you that Alex's tumble into the stream in July was not my fault whatsoever, and even if it had been it wouldn't have been on purpose. But I was actually walking a good ten paces behind him at the time it happened, just so you know. So I haven't been bad exactly, but I haven't really done anything particularly good either, which is one of the side effects of living in the Shire.

In case you'd like my wish list here it is:
>Links to speed-drawing videos
>Comic book (epic) style drawing lessons
>Singing tips and lessons
>Fanart (sad, happy, cute, funny...I love all kinds of fanart)
>Fanfiction (as with the fanart, all kinds are great)
>Music videos (from my fandoms or not, both are good)
>Sets!!

My most noticeable fandoms are (favorite characters in parentheses):
>Narnia (Aslan, Reepicheep, Edmund, Tirian, Jewel, etc.)
>LOTR (Frodo, Sam, Aragorn)
>HTTYD (Toothless, Hiccup, Valka)
>Sherlock Holmes (Holmes, Watson)
>DC comics (Superman [stuff from the "Man of Steel" movie counts], Batman [though not quite as much as Superman], Jason Todd as Robin [not Red Hood])
>Captain America (Steve, Bucky)
>Prince of Egypt (Moses)

I like cats, dinosaurs, dragons, tigers (white tigers especially), lions, gryphons(!), and swords. :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, Father Christmas! It's very thoughtful of you to drop by the Shire every year. I have cookies for you, as usual. They're on a table next to the front door (inside, of course, not outside). And the milk is in the pantry; please help yourself. This year I also have oats for your reindeer. There is a sack just under the mailbox by the side gate.

~ Hobbit
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:25 am

Dear Father Christmas,

We both know I can be a real stinker some days and we also both know that this year has had more than a few of those said days, so I won't try to convince you otherwise. But if you're so inclined as to give me gifts regardless, I like...

Fandoms:
Narnia - quotes, pairings with Bible verses, pairings with CS Lewis quotes, Aslan, Peter, Edmund, Caspian, and Reep
LotR - quotes, Aragorn, Sam, Eomer, and Faramir
TH - quotes, Bilbo, Balin, Bofur, occasionally Thorin, and Riddles in the Dark in general :D
HTTYD - Toothless, Hiccup, sometimes Astrid
Big Hero 6 - Baymax, Tadashi, Hiro, any combination of the three
Young Justice - Aqualad, Robin/Nightwing, lineups of the original six (Aqualad, Robin, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian, and Artemis)
Captain America - (yes, I've narrowed the entire MCU down to one character's line of films) Captain America/Steve Rogers, Winter Soldier/Bucky, Falcon/Sam Wilson, any combination of the three, just about anything relating to Cap films
BBC's Sherlock - Sherlock, John, and quotes, I suppose

Other Likes:
medieval weaponry
knights and rangers (male or female, though I insist that the females ought to have decent armour)
horses and lions
green, blue, silver
Photoshop tutorials
sets, memes, fanart, fanfics (one-shots are preferred unless a longer fic is really good), really good music videos
WWI and WWII book and/or film recommendations, fiction or non (I can handle violence, brutality, swearing, and non-graphic adult content, if that helps)
hair tutorials easy enough to do on oneself (my hair goes down a little past my elbows, is straight, and generally doesn't like to stay in place for long ;) )
Christmas material that emphasizes why Jesus came to earth
recipes for just about anything (except fish; no point giving me a fish recipe 'cause I've got an allergy :( )

Aaaaand that's all I can think of at the moment.

Thank you muchly.
Ariel_of_Narnia
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:19 pm

Dear Father Christmas,

I think I've been pretty good if you look past some procrastination, but hey! I still got those assignments in. :P

Anyway, here's my list:

Books: I haven't been reading much of anything lately, so I'd like something to look forward to come winter break. As far as fiction goes, I am pretty open to anything. :) Same goes for historical nonfiction though some favourite themes of mine are Edwardian, World War I, 20s-30s, and World War II. Memoirs and bios are wonderful but anything that focuses on one particular aspect of any of the above mentioned themes would also be good. Oh! And perspectives from all sides if it focuses on the WWs, so the Western Front, Pacific Theater, homefront, soldiers, POWs, Entente/Allies, Central/Axis etc...

Film/TV: I guess the same for books would go here.

Language resources for German (B1 level but anything higher is probably better), French (A2 level), and Japanese (just beginning). Book ideas, free texts, online dictionaries, youtube videos, worksheets, etc...

Recipes! I have no preference at all, just some yummy things. Oh, and it would be nice if you actually made it beforehand, so I have a better idea of how it might turn out.

Hairstyles (updos would be ideal, since it's easier to keep it in place when I wear coats and scarves) for semi-straight long hair, that goes past my elbow.

*EDIT*

Sets too, how could I forget?
Fandoms:
War Horse - Any characters and quotes from the book, film, or lyrics from the stage play
M-e: Sam and Bilbo
Marvel - Fitz, Cap, Ant Man, Bucky
Downton Abbey: Sybil and Tom or just Tom
Big Hero 6 - Hiro, Tadashi

I think that's all I have at the moment. If I think of anything more, I will be sure to add it in.

Thanks so much!
-Ela
Last edited by elanorelle on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kristi
Site Admin

Post by kristi » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Dear Father Christmas,

I think I have been a pretty good Fisherdess this year, the Eastern Sea Bubble Bath Incident notwithstanding...

I need verses that encourage and build faith.

I like LOTR and Narnia. Lucy and Edmund are favorites, as is Lasaraleen.

I would like some Narnia fanfic recommendations. I've read most everything from elecktrum, Andi Horton, Almyra, and Tonzura. It's really very difficult to scour the fanfic archives...I keep stumbling across these prophecies about a fifth throne at Cair Paravel...

I'm working on a semi-medieval fantasy novel, so writing advice might be good. Also easy-to-follow instructions on historical swordfighting. I'm not much good at writing fight scenes and so of course I made my main character a master swordsman...Some advice on worldbuilding might help too.

Oh, on the note of reading and writing, got any recommendations for good Christian spec-fic? I've read The Wingfeather Saga and The Sword of Lyric series and found them both unique and engaging and something I'd likely read again, but some of the stuff I've read quite recently just faded from memory almost as soon as I set it down.

I think the colors blue and gold look pretty together.

Thank you, Sir.
featherfish
Knight

Post by featherfish » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:25 pm

dear father christmas,

i like fitzsimmons and twenty one pilots.

sets, videos, wallpapers, anything.

my favorite twenty one pilots album is regional at best, so I'll like pretty much anything from that. my favorite songs specifically are glowing eyes, forest, fairly local, kitchen sink, clear, and anathema.

(but seriously fitzsimmons kills me)

xoxo,
fishy

EDIT: i really like fanart.

EDIT 2: i'm also a huge peanuts fan and my favorite character is schroeder. :mrgreen:
Last edited by featherfish on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*is such an emo sprite*
lady featherfish, royal vocalist and scrivener of fanfictions

i swear this sig is a goose

Return to “CHRISTMAS!!!! (2016)”