Director for Narnia Films?

A place to discuss news and speculation about the partnership between Netflix and the C. S. Lewis company.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos, Swanwhite

jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Director for Narnia Films?

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:48 am

There's been no official announcement of who will direct the new Narnia film franchise as of yet.

I think Walden's VDT fell flat when Michael Apted was the director instead of Andrew Adamson. It wasn't the same without him!

I actually don't really see Christopher Nolan, best known for The Dark Knight Trilogy and Inception, directing a Narnia film franchise. I don't see Steven Spielberg doing it, because he is a big time producer, with movies like Jaw and E.T. and Jurassic Park. I don't even see Peter Jackson, director of The Lord of the Rings Film Trilogy, doing it. I mean, nothing against any of those because they are great movie makers. Peter Jackson was unheard of when he directed The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and got most of it right. The Hobbit was well done from a cinematic view point but that's kind of besides the point. Christopher Nolan had his own take of Batman than Tim Burton, and capture the feel just right. Steven Spielberg had made some great movies, like E.T., Jurassic Park, and Lincoln. But I don't see any of them doing Narnia.

Narnia films won't be the same without Andrew Adamson. Though, I will greatly appreciate for whatever director the film series will have, that he or she has a creative vision. Perhaps, a lesser known instead of a big time Hollywood director would be nice for a change! :)

Any thoughts on a director for Narnia film series?
knightofnarnia
Knight

Re: Director for Narnia Films?

Post by knightofnarnia » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:06 am

Greta Gerwin has been greenlighted as directrice at this rate we won't see an addaptation for at least another several years (they hired someone to oversee all things narnia in 2019)
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)

Return to “Narnian Netflix Projects”