Netflix Narnia Announcement

A place to discuss news and speculation about the partnership between Netflix and the C. S. Lewis company.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos, Swanwhite

jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: Netflix Narnia Announcement

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:31 am

Now it raises the question will Netflix ever adapt Narnia? The news has been announced back in 2018 yet there has been no new news. Plus, Netflix has changed so much between now and then.

If Netflix decides to drop Narnia, another company could pick it up eventually. One route would be an episodic TV Series. If I could propose a channel, it would PBS (now it might be a different station depending on where you’re at). I know that most of their shows or movies are historical and mysteries but what a Narnia adaption could benefit from PBS that it would focus more on the drama than on the action.
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Sat May 20, 2023 7:48 am

Jasmine sorry to disappoint but Netflix bought with an eternal contract which means that unless they sell nothing is going to be made. :(
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 pm

KoN, I didn't realize Netflix bought it without a rights reversion clause. What about when the copyright expires globally? Or will Netflix still own the rights to the words Narnia and Aslan which are trademarked?
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
knightofnarnia
Knight

Post by knightofnarnia » Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:35 am

Hermit of Northen March if I understood right it is the movie/series that Netflix bought for a limitless time. The books as far as I know are still in the book copyright and will remain so till the international copyright expires. But I'm no lawyer so maybe Netflix rights to the movie/serie would also expire (in which case anyone including you or me could make something and call it Narnia)
And whoever will be chief shall be servant of all (Mark 10:44 my version)

Return to “Narnian Netflix Projects”