OC For Narnia Movies

A place to discuss news and speculation about the partnership between Netflix and the C. S. Lewis company.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos, Swanwhite

jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

OC For Narnia Movies

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:27 pm

So there could be the possibility of adding new characters in Narnia movies that are not in the books. I think it's fine, as long as it's not too distracting.

Walden's Voyage of the Dawn Treader added a little girl, Gael. I thought it was fine, since in the book, Lucy was the only female on the ship.

So maybe in The Horse And His Boy, there are two other talking horses besides Bree and Hwin. We are told in the book that Bree and Hwin marry (not to each other).

Maybe in Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Puddleglum's father boarded on the Dawn Treader.

Maybe in The Last Battle, there are other unicorns besides Jewel. Maybe 30 Calormenes (at least I think it was) that disguised as merchants first go into Archenland, and take some as slaves with them to Narnia.

Any thoughts on OC for Narnia movies?
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Re: OC For Narnia Movies

Post by Lily of Archenland » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:41 am

I like the possibility that a Marshwiggle, possibly a relative of Puddleglum's, could have been on the Dawn Treader.

I would kind of like to see a couple more named characters for the Snow Dance scene and the cave afterwards in Silver Chair? Get some more detail on the reactions to Rillian's return, expand on the bit where some of them knew Puddleglum?

Not technically an OC, but it would be neat if the Robin got more airtime in Lion the With and the Wardrobe. Let it come back around again later. Possibly have it be a spy for the resistance against the Witch. I'm thinking a little bit cheeky and self-important, but helpful when it comes down to it, that sort of thing.

I don't think I want *both* the future Talking Horse spouses of Bree and Hwin introduced on the spot, but maybe imply something for one of them. Either somebody who knew one of them or their dams before they were kidnapped as foals, or a mildly flirtatious Horse courtier at one of the castles.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:57 am

Interesting ideas for an OC character. Fanfics are full of them, as well as the Walden movies.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:56 am

I think OC's are a lot harder than the CC's. From what I discovered, OC's should be started fresh from scratch. Even love interests are hard at times. Not saying that every romance belongs in Narnia, since there is a time and place for it.
jasmine_tarkheena

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:02 pm

Well, maybe for character expansion or OC's, The Last Battle movie could possibly named Emeth's six brothers. They could have been soldiers as well. They could probably named the other dwarfs besides Poggin, Griffle, and Diggle.

Maybe in The Magician's Nephew, what if they actually gave Jadis's sister a name? The final battle of Charn is all told as a backstory, but what if they have Jadis say her sister's name?

Return to “Narnian Netflix Projects”