Villanious Crush in Narnia Movies?

A place to discuss news and speculation about the partnership between Netflix and the C. S. Lewis company.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos, Swanwhite

jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Villanious Crush in Narnia Movies?

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:24 pm

As most of you know, there seems to be a pairing of two characters, especially in Hollywood productions. Then there's also the pairing of a baddie and a goodie or in other words- A Villainous Crush.

MN- Andrew does fantasize about how Jadis will fall in love with him. She might like him in return. Though it would be pretty pointless.

LWW- Edmund is attracted to the White Witch, but I wouldn't call this a crush. I think it's because of his desire for power.

HHB- Prince Rabadash wants to marry Susan. He hates her for turning him down but it makes him want her all the more. That's a villainous crush in a movie I would accept. It could make an interesting twist if they show Rabadash as a nice guy in Cair Paravel and show his true nature in Tashbaan.

PC- I actually don't see that happening in this. Miraz is a married man, so there would be no point.

VDT- I don't see that happening in even this. Hey, this story doesn't even have a villain.

SC- I think the closest we come to is the Lady of the Green Kirtle and Prince Rilian. She most likely enchanted him to ask her to marry him. Perhaps she knew he was heir to the throne of Narnia and thought that the only way she could become queen of Narnia legally was by marrying him.

LB- I actually don't see that happening in this either. I know I did one in my LB fanfic, but I actually don't see it happening in a movie. Shift is an ape, so that would be too weird. The only human villain in this is Rishda, but I don't see him crushing on a heroine in a movie.

So any thoughts on a pair of goodies and baddies or villainous crushes in Narnia movies?
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Re: Villanious Crush in Narnia Movies?

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:32 pm

The only question I have is if LotGK had any feelings at all for Rillian? I tend to believe she did not. Rabadash and Uncle Andrew clearly have one-sided crushes, so it would be a bit awkward to expand upon this in the movie. Kind of like in Lego Batman where the villain keeps demanding that Batman declare him his arch-nemesis to the point that it gets awkward.
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Re: Villanious Crush in Narnia Movies?

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:10 am

I think all the Green Lady cared about was being Queen of Narnia. I don't think she would have want to marry Rilian unless it involved something like that!

It would totally be pointless in VDT, since there's no villain in the story!

I don't see it happening in LB, though!

Return to “Narnian Netflix Projects”