Transition from Earth to Narnia in Films or Series?

A place to discuss news and speculation about the partnership between Netflix and the C. S. Lewis company.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, jesusgirl4ever, Ajnos, Swanwhite

jasmine_tarkheena
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Transition from Earth to Narnia in Films or Series?

Post by jasmine_tarkheena » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:33 pm

I think one of the biggest challenges will be on how to do the transition from Earth to Narnia on screen.

The way that CS Lewis described in each of the books are great. Yet somehow, some of these will probably be re-imagined for a film or series.

I think in LWW, we have next to nothing to worry about. It's pretty simple, with going into the wardrobe. So I don't see why they would have to re-imagine that.

In PC, the book describes as the Pevensies feeling as something is pulling them, then at an instance they're in Narnia. The way they did it in the Walden was a this huge epic train station disappearing and the train going by. It will be interesting how a new PC film will do the transition there.

In VDT, the book describes it as the picture in the bedroom getting bigger. In the Walden, they had the water gushing out the painting and flooding the room. It might be cool to see the picture bigger, and make us wonder, "Is the picture getting bigger or are the kids getting smaller?" Yet again, it might not happen that way.

In SC, it's pretty simple as well. All it is Eustace and Jill getting away from the school bullies and they find a door that leads to Narnia.

In HBB, I think we have next to nothing to worry about since there's no transition from Earth to Narnia involved. That is unless they decide to have it end with the Hunting of the White Stag and have the Pevensies come out of the wardrobe, given that it takes during LWW.

In MN, it might be a little tricky. Digory and Polly put on the rings and disappear into another world. Then they come up on the the pools in the Wood Between the Worlds. Then they jump into a different pool that leads into different worlds- Charn and Narnia that is.

In LB, it might be a little trickier. It's taken from a different perspective. Tirian calls to the Friends of Narnia for help. Then a moment, Eustace and Jill show up. So that might be a little tricky on how to do the transition.

Any ideas on how a film or series would do transition from Earth to Narnia? Should be kept simple? Will a movie or series have to re-imagine some of these?

Return to “Narnian Netflix Projects”