Non-Narnian Fan Art

Do you have any fan art to post? In here you will find threads for both Narnian and Non-Narnian.

Moderators: Lucy Took, White Rose

hobbit_of_narnia
Knight
Location: ♫ What's this holding me? I'm not where I'm supposed to be! ♪♫

Re: Non-Narnian Fan Art

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:44 am

Thank you, Hermit! :mrgreen:

I might as well put these up. I haven't posted anything in here in a while (I've also not been drawing as much as usual).

Probably not one of Beleg's brightest moments, but it made me laugh. One of the very, very few moments in that book that made me laugh. So I drew it.
(Side note: if you sneak up on someone and freak them out, you probably should not have your first comment be on how they hadn't detected you sneaking up. You will probably end up tied to a tree for days.)
Also in this one you get to see that new elf-ear design that I discovered. They move depending on the mood of the elf...they're very expressive and are sooooooo much fun to draw... :mrgreen:

More of that Western AU stuff. In later character designs I gave Beleg a bear-claw necklace, and when he died Túrin kept it and wore it in his memory.

Will I ever get tired of this AU? ........Umm, probably not. :lol:
So yeah...wanted to try out some of the effects that I've ignored on my Kindle's drawing app by tweaking some traditionally-drawn sketches of mine. Also I hadn't done many of the Noldor in this AU yet. So I decided to kill two birds with one stone and...yeah. This.
(And wow, but resizing it really butchered the image quality!)
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:33 pm

Nice!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Aww, thanks, Jaygee! :mrgreen:

For Hobbit Day, here's a happy drawing from an AU of mine where Beleg Cúthalion gets reincarnated in Middle Earth, Glorfindel-style, and he ends up in Eriador and adopts basically the entire Shire.
I did the actual drawing by hand and then scanned it and added color with the drawing app on the Kindle. It somehow ended up being really small, but whatever. :P This way the mistakes aren't as obvious.
If somebody has an idea for a Narnia comic that they weren't planning on making themselves, I <------ This offer still
would be so grateful if they would send it to me in a PM. I am running appallingly low on ideas...! <-- stands. :)
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Very nice!

Yay, someone in Children of Hurin has a happy ending!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:58 am

Yeah, my friend and I decided that he deserved way better than what he got canonically. :P So I made him a happy ending.
HermitoftheNorthernMarch
ROotL

Post by HermitoftheNorthernMarch » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Keep up the great work, Hobbit of Narnia, you did a great job coloring and also with the tricky perspective of his hand!
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really knew Me, you would know My Father as well." - John 14:6-7a
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:15 am

So I think it's been nearly a month since I accidentally got into Newsies.
And I'd mentioned a couple weeks back that I started going through with a batty idea I had to draw VeggieTales characters as Newsies characters. So. Here we are. :D I only have the most prominent characters done so far, but three of them have alternate castings 'cause I think there's appeal to both versions of the main cast. :D
(I should also mention that costuming is straight out of the Broadway version of Newsies, with the exception of Snyder, who's completely movie-based 'cause I couldn't find any Broadway reference pics.)
main-7.jpg
main-7.jpg (21.91 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Lunt as Snyder, Eloise as (genderbent) Les, Alexander as Davey, Larry as Jack, Junior as Crutchie, Petunia as Katherine, Nezzer as Pulitzer
main-7,-alternate-casting.jpg
main-7,-alternate-casting.jpg (22.74 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Lunt as Snyder, Alexander as Crutchie, Bob as Davey, Larry as Jack, Junior as Les, Petunia as Katherine, Nezzer as Pulitzer

The second casting was actually my original idea because Bob would just make a perfect Davey and Junior was the first Veggie I thought of when casting Les. Alexander ended up as Crutchie as his age seems more believable for the relationship between Jack and Crutchie.
However, the casting I'm going with is the first image. Beeeeeecasue Alexander and Eloise are actually related, making them the more believable choice for Davey and Les. And we all know Junior looks cute with a crutch (a la An Easter Carol). And with this casting, Bob has been promoted to an adult role.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
hobbit_of_narnia
Knight

Post by hobbit_of_narnia » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, man, these are great, Ariel!! I've never even seen Newsies (though I've heard many of the songs), but still this is just amazing. :lol: :lol:
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:17 am

Thanks, Hobbit! Very happy you like them!
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:53 pm

HAHHAH Veggie Tales + Newsies, that's amazing!

HOBBIT- Your Children of Hurin illustrations are amazing. I love Beleg so much, and am also outraged at the ending he had :(

Return to “Fan Art”