Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Re: Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:51 pm

You're welcome, Tooky. :) I'll let ya'll know if it improves at all.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:39 pm

So I went to see Thor 3, with some friends from church. And WOW!!!

However despite that there are some great scenes, amazing action, mostly great humor and I think, good themes; there's also some stuff like crude humor (mostly on Saccar sp?) and one or two moments of violence that bothered me as a Highly Sensitive Person that I don't in good conscious feel good recommending to younger people without VidAngel. Older folks can research and discuss with Parents

I'll try to post a more in-depth review when I can.
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:24 pm

I also saw Thor Ragnarok! Loved it! It was so hilarious and unexpected, don't think I have laughed so much during a movie in a long time. But yes, due to some crude humor and instances of violence, I would recommend to older viewers.
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:47 pm

I just saw Ragnarok the other day as well. There were instances of crude humor, but overall I enjoyed it. Loki, anyone??!?!
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:01 pm

Yes! I loved his progression, small as it might seem. I find it funny that he didn't turn out to be the tyrannical ruler after all, not taking the Odin thing into account. And that play!

Also, we are owed a hug! That was terrible of Waititi to do. Never before have the words "I'm here." done so much to me emotionally.
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:15 am

Just saw Ragnarok a day ago. AMAZING and GO LOKI XD

I missed about 15 to 20 min of the beginning tho sadly

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 am

So... Inhumans. Just watched the season finale and I can confidently say it's not worth it. The story isn't compelling, the characters aren't interesting (the most interesting one (to me) is not even part of the royal family), the bad guy is boring, and the character development is bland. Even the finale failed to satisfy except for three short fight scenes between the last two episodes (one character goes all Assassin's Creed and he's just so smooth about it). I don't even know how to feel about how Black Bolt deals with Maximus in the end (I mean, he's conflicted about it, but I'm not conflicted for the same reasons). Add to that the couple of adult scenes that did not at all need to happen....
Overall, it's shoddy workmanship. I liked season one of Agent Carter better, despite the issues I had with that, and season one of AoS was even better, despite the issues I had with /that/.
If the show goes on (which I highly doubt), the finale teases at a potential threat of large scale and I have a guess as to what it is. I'm thinking that if the show goes on, it will only be for this threat and how I think it could tie in to future films.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
always narnian
Site Admin

Post by always narnian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:48 pm

Ela- RIGHT!!?!? I was like.....wait why didn't we get to see the hug?
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:46 pm

always narnian wrote:I just saw Ragnarok the other day as well. There were instances of crude humor, but overall I enjoyed it. Loki, anyone??!?!
Yes! "Surprise!"

And the fact how they kinda made fun of the previous movies, while referencing them. :P
elanorelle wrote:Yes! I loved his progression, small as it might seem. I find it funny that he didn't turn out to be the tyrannical ruler after all, not taking the Odin thing into account. And that play!

Also, we are owed a hug! That was terrible of Waititi to do. Never before have the words "I'm here." done so much to me emotionally.
I have been hoping so hard since Thor 2 (well Avengers really) that he would come around. However I think he's still going to be the little duplicitous so and so he always was, but hopefully their brotherhood will keep growing.

Ela! I know. "I'm here." :'( :'(
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:37 pm

LOKI WAS AWESOME
Honestly, I kinda liked him a good bit in other movies.... BUt I loved him in Ragnarok.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”