What readest thou?

A place to discuss what you're reading, your favourite authors and books etc. Everything from the Classics to Shakespeare and Non-Narnian Fantasy works.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, White Rose

elanorelle
Contributor

Re: What readest thou?

Post by elanorelle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:54 pm

I read and finished Farm Boy today: it's definitely meant for a younger audience, but the way it is written works for its purpose. It was nice to see Albert and Joey from a different perspective too.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:33 am

Finished The Railway Man and started I Am David.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Shield Maiden
Knight

Post by Shield Maiden » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:35 pm

I started reading Frankenstein and am loving it (so far). It's quite fascinating; however, I won't recommend it because it deals with moral issues and I haven't finished it yet.
Team Cap. Sig made by Ariel.
albero1
Knight
Location: SCREAMING because 21 Pilots just released a new song! *victory dance*

Post by albero1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:13 pm

I just finished the Giver Quartet. Very good books, but not intended for a younger audience whatsoever...wouldn't reccomend it for someone younger than high school. :)
Lady Albero, Royal Vocalist and Scrivener of Fanfictions, Knight of TLC
Lyrics from House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Keep on forgetting to mention that I am making slow progress on Ghost Soldiers, which is a World War II account of a very daring rescue of American and British POWs in the Philippines. Definitely not recommended for sensitive readers.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lily of Archenland
ROotL

Post by Lily of Archenland » Mon May 02, 2016 1:58 am

Slow progress on a massive detective story anthology (still on the Sherlock Holmes section!), a small beastiary (not to be named because guidelines reasons), a Charles Dickens-inspired Victorian mystery-with-vampires (has potential but is kind of rough stylistically), and checked out A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park for a re-read - historical fiction set in Korea, it's been several years and I remember quite enjoying it last time.
Shield Maiden
Knight

Post by Shield Maiden » Fri May 06, 2016 4:43 pm

I've been working through The Hobbit and LotR for the past few months - I'm about halfway through TTT. It's been 5 years since I last read these, and they're even better than I remember :)
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Fri May 20, 2016 12:26 am

Hehe! Okay..... I just finished the fourth book of the Wingfeather Saga (credit Nia and Tenny for getting me into those), and I just finished Les Miserables, and I am returning to The Silmarillion. I interrupted The Silmarillion for Les Mis, and I interrupted Les Mis for That fourth book (I can never remember names of those). Les Mis was half awesome, half not read, because of the large sections of unimportant information and other not-understandable dates and historical stuff. I would recommend it, but only if you don't mind a lot of dates.

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.
Shield Maiden
Knight

Post by Shield Maiden » Mon May 23, 2016 1:33 am

I had to put aside LotR (it was getting a little stagnant) and I picked up How To Train Your Dragon instead. A+, very hilarious :) I'm looking forward to reading the following 11 (!!!) books.
anunknownpevensie
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by anunknownpevensie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:54 am

Waiiiiitttt...... HTTYD is a book? 11 books? O.o

Soooooooooooo I need a little advice. Me mum signed me up for the library's teen reading program. I have run out of books to read. Any good suggestions?

And if you want me to respond to anything, you will have to quote me I am afraid.

Return to “The Library (non-Narnian Literature)”