Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

The meeting place of TLC for conversation that doesn't always include Narnia.

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Tenethia, Lucy Took

elanorelle
Contributor

Re: Marvel Movies *SPOILERS* Thread

Post by elanorelle » Fri May 20, 2016 5:11 pm

But what if it were involuntary? That large time gap where he was left alone in the building with others who had enhancements and who might know how to perform similar operations, has bugged me. That he was not killed is easily explained by inhuman!Jemma asking Hive to spare him like Daisy asked of him. Also he knew, quite quickly I might add, how to implement what he saw into Coulson's arm. I am now thinking the duffel bag was full of tech, but I am unsure whether or not he is enhanced, but if he were I think it would be involuntary.
That scene is why I am very suspicious, because they both despised him in the finale, always giving him bad looks. Not to mention just how close they are now (why does the AI call Fitz 'Leopold'? Fitz is what everyone calls him, including Jemma.), even when the doctor's name was not completely cleared for his unethical experiments. Oh, and Radcliffe does not think Fitz would be alarmed at all by his new AI creation.
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Fri May 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Ela? can you message me your whole theory?

(I found out who dies and I'm very sad.
Also does anyone remember Agent Tripp from Season 2?)
Avvie by Siberian Christmas. Signature by Ariel of Narnia

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Sat May 21, 2016 12:16 am

Of course we remember Tripp, that was a sad end to a good character. :(
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Sat May 21, 2016 7:00 pm

@Ela: sorry, I read your theory post three times and I'm not grasping all of it....

@Lil: a little piece of me still mourns Tripp. :( I will lose it if Mack dies.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Shield Maiden
Knight

Post by Shield Maiden » Tue May 24, 2016 2:53 am

I just got back from seeing Civil War and...holy cow. Spoilers, obviously.

I wish there was more Clint and Scott. I was surprised at how late they introduced Clint and I wish he had more screen time.

I love love love Tom Holland as Spiderman. I am so pumped to see him in upcoming films.

I also didn't think Aunt May was too young - it made sense to me. Clearly she's the younger sister of Peter's mother, and seeing how young Peter is, May's age fits. I thought it worked well.

I didn't totally understand Zemo's endgame. I loved him as a villain (he's actually one of my top Marvel villains now), but his plan seemed rather complicated and I don't really know what he was trying to accomplish.

I wish they had more on the other Winter Soldiers. It seems like kind of a pity to introduce them and then kill them off right way - there could have been a ton of potential.

Steve and Sharon...I shipped it in tWS but now it seems a little tacky. Peggy did /just/ die and then Steve kisses her niece...

Martin Freeman with an American accent. I totally forgot that he was in this movie. The accent caught me completely off guard. (Now I really want his character to meet Doctor Strange, lol.)

Spiderman oh my gosh I loved him

Is Black Panther's real name T'challa or T'chaka? It was spelled T'chaka for the first half of the movie and then they switched to T'challa. I am confuse.

Clint's banter was A+. All the scenes with Clint were superb.

...I just saw a movie that was like a solid hour of Bucky and I still need more. Clearly I'm going to need to see this a second time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh yeah, I'm caught up on AoS too. I seriously thought that Daisy was going to die. I liked Lincoln a lot and I'm bummed that he's gone...but at least Hive's finished. About halfway through his arc I got really tired of his face. Ward has been through so much and I'm kinda glad that he's finally gone for good.

I'm not entirely sure what to think of the events after the 6 month jump. Goth Daisy...Coulson apparently not the director.... (I read a theory that May is the new director, since she's really the only one who wasn't in that clip and it makes sense for her to succeed Coulson if he gave up the mantle). I wish that they hadn't included this scene in the finale, though - it took away from the climax of the death and all.

On a side note, I found it rather hard to take HYDRA seriously in Civil War because I know that it's all a ploy to bring back an alien god from another planet. I can't watch the movies without thinking of the show now. :P
Team Cap. Sig made by Ariel.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Tue May 24, 2016 3:44 am

(btw, if anyone is looking for a good music video with Bucky feels... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_yspbeHgP8 (YouTube is not associated with TLC, click at your own risk, etc))

Agreed on Clint and Scott, but I understand why they weren't brought in sooner (I mean, the team that is Markus-McFeely-RussoBros has enough on their plates with the opening roster!). I did figure out between my two viewings (what with my being so slow sometimes) that Clint and Scott aren't on Team Cap because of the Accords issue, but rather the Winter Soldiers issue, hence their late introduction. (Just as Peter had a late intro because Stark wanted more backup on his side.)

Spidey was so good. All his yakking. Better keep it up. And Clint is getting slowly snarkier. That better keep up too. *misses snarky cartoon Clint*

Zemo's plan was rather complicated and, thanks to a YouTube video bringing this up, really depended on certain variables happening (eg: how did Zemo figure that Cap and Iron Man would show up in Siberia for the big reveal?). Boiled down though, it's a revenge story. And he wasn't dumb enough to try to take on the Avengers himself.

Yikes, yes, Steve and Sharon kissing so soon after Peggy died. Not like he can exactly still have the same feelings for Peggy with the way things are, but it came off as odd. Even if Sam and Bucky made that bit all the better with their reaction. :P

Depends on which Black Panther you're talking about. ;) The one you see in action, the prince-now-king, is T'challa; his dad was T'chaka.
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Tue May 24, 2016 1:37 pm

Agents of Shield.

I'm bummed about Lincoln too. I really liked him. (and Glad Hive died. Though a friend of mine liked him so that was sad too.) The day it happened I went back and watched old shield season 1 videos. It was not a great plan. :P I remembered Tripp, and how much I liked pre-Hydra Ward, and how upset I was when he turned and again when he wasn't redeemed at the end of season 2. (Hive was more annoying to me, probably because he was just evil.) But Agent Carter ending was even more disappointing. (not that I liked the character, but still....)

"Maybe Redemption has stories to tell. Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell. Where can you run to escape from yourself? Where you gonna go? Salvation is here." - Dare You to Move (Switchfoot.)
Shield Maiden
Knight

Post by Shield Maiden » Tue May 24, 2016 3:19 pm

What I really want from Marvel more than anything is a Black Widow movie. I want to see her in the Red Room and how she operated before SHIELD. I want to see Barton go and recruit her. I want to see what happened in Budapest.

I'm surprised Marvel hasn't really given us more information about her, to be honest.
Team Cap. Sig made by Ariel.
Lil
Site Admin

Post by Lil » Tue May 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Shield Maiden wrote:What I really want from Marvel more than anything is a Black Widow movie. I want to see her in the Red Room and how she operated before SHIELD. I want to see Barton go and recruit her. I want to see what happened in Budapest.

I'm surprised Marvel hasn't really given us more information about her, to be honest.
Apparently, Kevin Feige said:

"We've announced the next nine movies, ten counting Civil War, through the end of 2019. Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we'll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you've just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow. We think she's an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson's portrayal of her is amazing. She's a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise."

elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Wed May 25, 2016 9:22 pm

So according to a comic that was just released, Steve Rogers aka Captain America has always been an undercover Nazi/Hydra Agent. Everyone is outraged, as they very well should be. I know he's just a character, but I am pretty upset, no, really upset about this. It is a terrible decision on the part of whoever okayed it, probably the worst thing they could ever do to his character.

Return to “The Bird and Baby”