Site Admin

Re: Mad Libs Four-Ever

Post by always narnian » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:34 am

That's the last, eh??
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:10 am

Alright, Franklin W. Dixon presents the Hardy Boys in Hunting for Hidden Gold... rehashed. :P

Timber wolves, a Rocky Mountain squid, and a meadow cave-in are only a few of the perils Frank and Joe Hardy encounter during their search for the endothermic members of a notorious group of Englishmen responsible for dressing chickens up as ewoks.
In the stringy Montana mining camp of Lucky Lode, the young astrophysicists chew over a series of mysterious events. A branch-playing ghost haunts the long-abandoned castle. Eerie blue lights bounce from the hilltop swamp in the square-like of night. Strange men arrange a meeting at Shadow of the Bear. A suspect disappears through a booklight of frozen rooster.
Clue by laptop, Frank and Joe verily fit into place the slimy pieces of this dangerous puzzle and come up with the astonishing eyeshadow.

I love it all, but I have to say that disappearing through a booklight of frozen rooster amuses me the most. :lol:
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:18 am

Alrighty, then. :P I've never read the Hardy Boys but that was very amusing. :D
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:26 am

You've never read any Hardy Boys? What about Nancy Drew? 'Cause if you've at least read Nancy Drew, then you've basically read the less exciting version of the Hardy Boys. :P (Nancy investigates a small noise, twists her ankle, and then solves the mystery with her foot propped up and her housekeeper serving her tea. (Okay, so that's an exaggeration.) Hardy Boys almost get run over on the highway, travel to Scotland to vacay, find trouble, follow the baddies to Morocco, beat them to the next clue in Australia, get bashed over the head (at least once), and then dash over to an Aztec site for the grand finale. (Almost not an exaggeration. :P ))
But I digress....
knight and scribe
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:32 am

I've "technically" read at least one Nancy Drew mystery, though not all the way. It was quite boring, if I remember. Never picked up a book from either series since.
hansgeorg
Fanatic: At the broken stone table

Post by hansgeorg » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:39 am

Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:Timber wolves, a Rocky Mountain squid, and a meadow cave-in are only a few of the perils Frank and Joe Hardy encounter during their search for the endothermic members of a notorious group of Englishmen responsible for dressing chickens up as ewoks.

In the stringy Montana mining camp of Lucky Lode, the young astrophysicists chew over a series of mysterious events. A branch-playing ghost haunts the long-abandoned castle. Eerie blue lights bounce from the hilltop swamp in the square-like of night. Strange men arrange a meeting at Shadow of the Bear. A suspect disappears through a booklight of frozen rooster.
Clue by laptop, Frank and Joe verily fit into place the slimy pieces of this dangerous puzzle and come up with the astonishing eyeshadow.
A bonus if you can make a fiction or fan fiction out of this, as kind of "synopsis".
Ariel.of.Narnia wrote:I love it all, but I have to say that disappearing through a booklight of frozen rooster amuses me the most. :lol:
A great bonus if you find a way to make that work!

Ideas might be available in Chesterton's Tales of the Long Bow, Club of Queer Trades or Mr. Pond's Paradoxes.

I'd link to Chesterton's works on the web, but Benisse might be taking links down, and ask me to get that one validated too by some other!
jesusgirl4ever

Post by jesusgirl4ever » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:10 pm

That is so funny!
Lady Jaygee, Royal Pianist and Lover of Cats, Knight of TLC
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:27 pm

@Ela: Ah, then I'll forgive your not having read Hardy Boys. ;)

@hansgeorg: Haha, as silly as I may get sometimes, I fear I would not have the ability to pull off such a fic (especially the bit with the book light and the frozen rooster :lol: )!
As for links, those must always be approved by a staff member until one is promoted to "knight"(at which point, your screenname turns blue).
knight and scribe

Return to “Town Square Archives”