Epic (the movie) discussion thread (*spoilers*)

Moderators: Ariel.of.Narnia, Ajnos, White Rose, Swanwhite, kristi

Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Epic (the movie) discussion thread (*spoilers*)

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:39 pm

For the sake of those who don't want any more Epic spoilers, discussions of this film are moving here.

Something Engee said in ddg that I want to respond to:
I can't remember the whole scene but it goes something like Mub saying "Hey, baby girl." And something about "Move it, leaf boy." Nod says: "It's leaf man." And they start shoving each other and Mub shoves Nod in his mouth. I sure wouldn't want to be him at that moment!
About the elbow joke... It was maybe a little ooc for Ronin, but I think they were showing that he had a fun side too.

I like the part where Nod says, "My uncle was crushed by a stomper." MK: "OH! Really? I'm so sorry." Nod: "Nah, I'm just kidding." And then MK hits him and stomps off. Nod: "Too much?" Ronin: "Try it again. See if she hits you harder." :D
Man, I have to watch it again. There's something about a flat face somewhere in there, right before Mub gulps Nod....

I guess. Though I did like the hints of it he had with Tara and this bit:
MK: "Come on, just say you love each other."
Ronin: "I thought we just did."
That line cracked me up because that was one of a couple extremely well-written bits of dialogue based entirely upon subtext (another one is the first scene of Tara and Ronin).

I wanted to sock Nod for that joke, but was put in a much better mood at Ronin's response. :D I love that guy.

Now that that's answered to... did anyone else freak out when Ronin was doggie-piled in Boggan HQ?! I was all prepared to weep (metaphorically) because, if he'd died, then they would have killed off both of my favourite characters. But then he came back and got even more epic. :D
knight and scribe
lyrics from TobyMac's "New World"
Eriathwen
ROotL

Re: Epic (the movie) discussion thread (*spoilers*)

Post by Eriathwen » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Yes there is something between the two scenes (It's on the tip of my tongue 'cept not really :P) It has to do with something like "there's a flat face something on that tree go pick it up" or something like that :P

I was upset when I thought Ronin was going to die. Especially since he is a great character. When I saw the lonely hummingbird it made me sad >.<
The Elf of Narnia
Love makes people so
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Yeah. I wanna say it's something like, "There's a big pile of go-shut-your-flat-face over there," or... something. Poor Nod, having to deal with Mub like that. :)

I have this thing about getting extra attached to characters who die a noble and/or in-the-line-of-duty death. Tara's death was upsetting enough (right when I decided she was super-cool, they had to go and kill her! It was necessary, but still...). At least I didn't see Ronin's return coming. It just made the return that much more surprising and joyous. :D (I always feel sorry for the hummingbird. Even now when I know Ronin's not dead. I still feel sorry for it. And the way the music drops right then... gah, the feeling of tragic abandonment!)
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:33 am

High time we started an Epic thread. :D

YES! That's it, Ariel! Something awfully like that. Mub is a goofball. I'm with Nod. "You're a slug."

That part when Ronin gets buried under the Boggins was the scene that made me think most of Oreius. Can't you just see Oreius doing that to save Peter and Edmund? And the poor hummingbird! Even my mom said, "Awww." A sad sort of "aww" not a cute "aww." ;) One of the reviews on my fanfic said, "I think there should be a way of expressing a sad, moan-ish sort of 'awww'."

One of my favorite parts is the little subplot with Grub towards the end of the movie, where he wants to be a leafman, but he's a snail. And Nod takes his helmet (which really belongs to him [Nod] in the first place) and then M.K. takes his hummingbird!
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:21 am

Now I remember why I didn't start this thread sooner. I keep fangirling over Ronin.... :P

Hee, yeah. And then Ronin really became his hero by declaring him a leafman anyway.
knight and scribe
narniagirl11
Knight

Post by narniagirl11 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:46 am

*fangirls over Ronin with Ariel* :D You're never alone.
~~Throne Warden of Anniera~~
Thank you, Ela, for the wonderful set!
ShiofNarnia
Knight

Post by ShiofNarnia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:00 am

The hummingbird part is sad ..... but it is awesome when Ronin comes back!! :)

Haha I know someone mentioned the "I hurt my elbow" part. That is so funny.
Nod: I love the way this guy talks! Look at this flower!
Ronin: I hurt my elbow!

And then later:
MK's Dad: I hurt my elbow!
Nod: Did you hear that?! He said it! *laughs*
Lady Shi, Royal Photographer and Otter Keeper
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:07 am

The hummingbird (it seriously needs a name) part was definitely a very sad moment even though I knew that somehow Ronin would make it out.

I think it was cute that Grub wanted to become a leafman. And I love how Ronin makes him one at the end. :D

:lol: Now anytime I hurt my elbow I'll think of that scene.
Ariel.of.Narnia
Site Admin

Post by Ariel.of.Narnia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:13 am

Okay, the way Nod gets a kick out of the fact that Bomba said it did amuse me. :) And the way he walks partial slow-mo with his knees really high to mimic Bomba. :D

I was going to suggest "Hummy" for the bird, but... that wouldn't really work around here. :lol:

So. Favourite scenes?
Mine is... actually, I don't remember if I've even chosen a favourite scene yet. *really needs to watch it again*
knight and scribe
elanorelle
Contributor

Post by elanorelle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Haha, yeah that was funny. ^.^

Perhaps Emerald? Or Celadon? Both are shades of green. Or maybe Cerise, its a deep red. (I think they should have given him/her a name.)

I personally like the entire scene where they are all at Boggins HQ (except the part where Ronin is overtaken.)

Question! Did anyone think of Linguini (from Ratatouille) when they saw Bomba/M.K.'s dad? That was honestly my first thought. :P It wasn't particularity his looks, (although he had red hair and a large nose), but rather his actions and the way he spoke.

Return to “Town Square Archives”