Enjoy the festive flavors of the season with this cheery “man-pie”, inspired by the giants’ cookbook in the House of Harfang. (For a pie that will raise fewer questions among non-Narnian relatives, follow these instructions but use only the leaf cookie cutters for a beautiful pie that is sure to impress.)
- Prepare filling for your favorite fruit pie according to your preferred recipe
- Place one round of pie crust on the bottom of your pan (I use store-bought crust.).
- Fill crust with filling.
- Cut leaf and man shapes out of the upper pie crust using leaf-shaped cookie cutters (the kind with veins are the prettiest) and gingerbread man cutters.
- Apply these cutouts attractively over the top of your pie so that the fruit is mostly covered.
- Finish baking according to standard instructions.