738 Posts
44 Users
0 Likes
171.1 K Views
Benisse
(@benisse)
Member Moderator

Just starting:
Lilith by George MacDonald.  I like the opening better than Phantastes because I feel curious wanting to figure out what is going on as opposed to watching a story play out passively before me.

In the middle:
Losing our Religion by Russell Moore. Powerful call to rethink the foundations of our faith, our eternal perspective and to *stop*and*reflect*and*confront*our*unspoken*assumptions.

Just finished:

The Rent Collector by Camron Wright.  What a powerful tribute to the redemptive power of reading and literature! Even though I don't identify with the theological world view in this book, and some topics are PG-13, this is a book that will make you want to keep turning the pages, and even weep at points.

ReplyQuote
(@knightofnarnia)
Reputable Member

Okay made progress on the book I talked about earlier (Defiante by Brandon Sanderson) but it will take at least another few weeks to finish it... So far the main character who is an older teenager or young woman by now is trying to cope with her emotions and the fact that she might become dangerouse. It is well written (as usual for a book from Sanderson). 

He does all things well.

ReplyQuote
(@knightofnarnia)
Reputable Member

Ok double posting to say I've finished Defiant and as always Brandon Sanderson is a great author.

He does all things well.

ReplyQuote
Page 50 / 50
Share: